Hey, I was wondering what everyones first experience was of enjoying Michael's music? the first time you realised you were a fan?

I must admit, my first interaction was when I watched the movie Snow Dogs a couple of years ago and heard Time, Love and Tenderness at the end, I thought it was fantastic and my love has just grown from there!

Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but I'm interested to hear your stories!

Jenna.

Views: 2498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you very much!

It's nice to know that there are more young people who are loving this guy. I think it's to bad that so many young boys and girls listen to techno all the time. In my opinion music like Michael's is real music. not just this "uz  uz  uz  uz". There are songs that are great as well. Don't misunderstand me please. But don't you think many songs are sounding like the others?

Sorry. Wrong threat.

Thanks to you again!

Christin

Do think that like you a lot of younger people having heard Jack Sparrow have found Michael and realize he is far from just a balladeer and that he too has a wicked sense of humour and when you listen to more of his material you realize how truly versatile he is for he is a good rock singer as well as being a fine operatic tenor.   I don't know if you have found the Video Section for there are many terrific videos in there of Michael both singing, being interviewed and also acting the "clown".....it gives you a good range of his material and it is lovely to see him perform on the stage and see how much his audience appreciate him and he them.   If you haven't looked at the video section yet you should and I hope you enjoy !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I already watched some videos but thanks.

yeah he is a great person and musican. and he is naturally!

Hi and welcome Christin nice to hear another fan think like we all think here, Michael is a great guy.

If you ever have the chance see him in concert it will blow your mind, he is even better live TRUE!!!

Glad you have joined us here

All the very best

Dianna xxx

Thanks Dianna!

Good to know that he is also an awesome  live performer. I was on a few concerts but some where disappointing me because every song sounds bad or like the one before.

I wish I could see him one day! I am searching and waiting for any tourdates for Germany. Price doesn't matter... I mean.. It's Michael Bolton, right?

Oh Christin, you should find the "2012 tour reviews" thread, or even the 2010 or 2011 review threads in the "Tour, gigs and announcements" section so you can read fans reviews of past Michael concerts. I think you'd have a lot of fun! Trust me girl: Michael is an awesome performer and never disappoints! Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

OK! I'll trust you!  :)

Hallo Christin, I seem to be following you throughout the forum! Lol My kids were raised on Michael’s music and 2 of them enjoy Michael, but quite a few of their friends discovered him thanks to the “Hercules” Disney movie, or became aware of him thanks to “Jack Sparrow” too! It’s so wonderful that that video made so many kids discover Michael’s talent... You know, for a girl who hasn’t been a fan for very long, you sure have Michael’s character figured out! :D  Christin, if you have any other questions about Michael,don’t hesitate to ask and we’ll all do the best we can to answer them. BTW, don’t worry about your English: it’s much better than our German! ;D I do agree that too much of today’s music isn’t written to be remembered decades from now. My eldest son listens to that unfortunately, but he did enjoy “Jack Sparrow”! :D  Well anyway, thank you for sharing your story Christin, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

hahaha c'mon! concede it! you are stalking me!

No, no. just joking around. Thanks! I think this forum helps me learning and practiceing my englisch.

Anyway.. your welcome :)

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story Caro....I thoroughly enjoyed reading your adventure into Bolton Land !!! :)   I must say when I realized you had put in a picture I thought I was going to see Michael but what I saw and what I am looking at just now is by far the second best thing - wow Caro that is a beautiful picture and is it taken on the Island of Reunion for if it is it sure lives up to all that is said about it being one of the most beautiful places on earth.....absolutely gorgeous Caro and thanks for allowing me to see a little of your Island !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I'll never 4-get when I heard " How am I supposed to live without you"....it was a very sad time for Us...my Meg's babysitter when she was an infant, got Cancer, she was dying, and I was grieving, then all at once I heard this song on the radio, I was working in a factory then and we all had our boomboxes, I kept asking everyone who that was who sang this song...that's when I found out about Michael!  There is healing in his Music:)! Then I saw the video on VH1..and I was hooked:)! Still am..LOL:)! That was 26 years ago!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

A sad but lovely story Mary and thanks for sharing with us !!! :)    Can I be pedantic, in other words a pain in the butt, and say are you sure 26 years ago not 23 for "Soul Provider" came out in 1989 !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service