Sorry if this has been posted before... just wanted to say to all in the route of Irene's Hurricane ...  stay safe!!!!! Thinking of you all!!!

Pilar

Views: 447

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree entirely Pilar and what a lovely thing for you to do in putting this on here !!

Stay safe everyone !!  Thinking of you all !!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks Pilar, We are hoping everyone will be safe..It's scary watching this thing moving up the coast...:(

Robin in Maryland :)

Hi Robin and Helena, I'm thinking of you girls and wish you and yours to get through this safe and sound. Helena, it's good to know you're prepared for emergencies at home, especially with your brother there, but are you on stand-by for evacuation? Joy told me she had to make plans in case. You're right Robin, we don't think that things like that will get this close to us. I've heard South Carolina was hit pretty badly and they've told us on the radio that Irene should reach southern Quebec by Sunday night. Earthquakes and hurricanes and we thought we were safe up here! Well, my best to everyone and try to keep in touch so we know everyone's okay. Take care all. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Pilar what a wonderful idea

I haven't been home alot lately therefore not on the computer much BUT

I have been keeping an eye on this and praying for all to stay safe

Robin it does look scary and I'm not even there Please be careful!

Love Dianna xxx

Thanks Pilar for thinking of us!!!!

Mom and I are ready!!!  Got food, bottle water, candles, flashlight....the works!!!  So we should be ok!!!   :)

Helena..xx...

Storm is pretty much done with us here in Central, MD.. Just some leftover winds and last band of rain...We are ok,

Please check in here when you can BB's that have been affected..  I hope all of you are safe and didn't have damage or flooding and kept your power on.. We got lucky so far, kept the power..Generator is ready tho just in case!

Take care all in the path of Irene.

Robin in Maryland :)

Hi Robin, thanks for checking in. I hope we hear from Helena later on. The weather channel was forecasting  that we'd get the tail end of Irene here and we are having strong winds and some rain and I don't want to expand on that, not to jinx it, but so far... Joy checks in by PM once a week but hope she updates us once more this week. Thanks for the good news Robin, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey gang,

Mom and I are fine...thanks for your concern (especially from my nutty friend Sylvie and the Wee One)!!!  We did not pick up my brother from the home, since they could not promise us they would pick him up on Monday.  If the subways are running, I will go to work, and did not want my mother to be stuck with him because he is alot to handle and my mother is not as strong as she used to be.  So they took him and the others...they had to evacuate and took them to another group home in another part of Brooklyn.  At 3:00 this afternoon, the people who evacuated were told they can return home, so hopefully they are taking them back to the home.  We will call tomorrow to see how he is.   Brooklyn had lots of fallen trees, but thank god no injuries reported.  Most of the flooding problems were in Staten Island and parts of lower Manhattan.  The subways are still not running, so not sure if I'll be going to work Monday morning.  It's still very windy outside, so I'm not going out till tomorrow.  Glad to hear on this forum and on Facebook that everyone is doing ok after this storm.  I hope that is it with the hurricane's for this year!!!  Now....back to the good part!!!  :)

Helena...xx...

Hi Helena, thanks for checking in sweetie. We're having a similar scenario here, but no evacuation and no flooding reported. My husband told me he's seen fallen trees and even a fallen lampost coming home and it was hard to drive with the wind. It's still very windy here and it's still raining like there's no tomorrow. A lot of people are without power though. I'm just glad our neighbor had his trees trimmed a couple of weeks ago! Glad you're all okay Helena. Well if the subway isn't running, have a nice vacation day tomorrow! :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 
Hi Sylvie....glad to hear you and your family are fine!!!  I spoke to one of my friends here in Brooklyn, and there basement is flooded and so is everyone else's on her block!!  We heard from my brother's home, and they are all back there safe and sound.  Thank goodness their house was ok too!!  ok...time for bed.  Will see tomorrow what the story is with the trains....but I did hear that my office will be open!!  Take care nutty one....Hugs, Helena..xx...

Hey To All of you...I'm glad to hear you all are doing well, I gotta admit I was a bit worried for you all!

Hey Helena if you don't have to work tomorrow, go do something special for  yourself, and take it easy! Glad your brother is safe as well! I do hate storms! And my Meghan hates them, too! I'm keeping you all in my prayers until this is all over!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Everyone,

Thank goodness you are all okay just got to think on those poor souls whose lives have been shattered forever by nothing but an act of nature - absolutely tragic !!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service