Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 118134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's all good Pitt MB. I love the video but I was unable to get into the forum each time I'd log in. It's all good. Sorry I felt a little panicked. :

no worries. we are cool - great friends :) sorry about that. have a great day. lots of love.

Michael's Sam Bailey is through to final of UK X Factor tomorrow night and she blew the roof off tonight with one of her songs which was "Edge of Glory" http://youtu.be/KJ53Ze7-byw  ..... enjoy because it is fantastic !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

In addition a pleasing article:

December 15, 2013 9:40 pm

Prison officer Bailey wins X Factor

Prison officer Sam Bailey has been crowned the UK's 10th X Factor winner after the public picked her over teenager Nicholas McDonald in the final show of the series.

Sam, a 36-year-old mother of two, has won a recording contract and will support American pop superstar Beyonce on the UK leg of her Mrs Carter world tour in February.

The clear favourite before the announcement, Sam said in front of 10,000 fans at tonight's live final at Wembley Arena that she did not know what to say after being told she had received over a million votes.

Petra Christine (Germany)

And one more article about the winner Sam!

The X Factor: the Final, part two, review

Isabel Mohan reviews the outcome of The X Factor final, as Sam Bailey beats Nicholas McDonald to the coveted recording contract 

Well, it was never going to go any other way, was it? Nicholas McDonald might have had the Scottish vote sewn up, but Sam Bailey won over the “gosh, she actually is rather good at this whole singing thing, isn’t she?” demographic weeks ago and that’s why she, deservedly, has just been crowned the winner of X Factor 2013.

Boy, did it take a long time to get there, though; 36 years, in Sam’s case, and what felt like far, far longer for viewers of tonight’s live results show. Sam and Nicholas themselves only performed twice each tonight, and the rest of it was strictly all filler, no killer (insert joke about Brandon Flowers being on last night here). There were the multiple VTs of the finalists’ friends and family banging on about how proud they were, and some passable star guests (Katy Perry in a birdcage that was bound to be a metaphor for her failed marriage to Russell Brand, One Direction singing about an upmarket minicab company and Sir Elton John being slowly driven mad by the rotating podium that was literally and figuratively beneath him as he teamed up with Gary Barlow), but all of it was punctuated with endless recapping of the finalists’ previous performances.

As is tradition for the final – and really, only polite, given how far they’ve come – none of the judges said anything negative about the acts. Nicole Scherzinger spent most of the evening crying (now that X Factor’s over, does she have to go and sign on?), Sharon Osbourne went through every emotion that her expensive forehead will allow, Gary Barlow pretended to look sad about it being his last series and Louis Walsh wore pyjamas. Dermot O’Leary was like a particularly well-tailored hairdresser, asking One Direction what they were doing for Christmas and repeatedly calling Sam Bailey “hun”, and Caroline Flack shrieked at innocent audience members for two hours straight.

Yes, it seems that everyone is a little tired out from this year’s X Factor. It hasn’t been a classic series by any means, and the viewing figures would back this up (the lowest since 2004, apparently). The fact that Sam and Nicholas were the country’s favoured finalists – both of them distinctly middle of the road – indicates that this is no longer a show beloved by the type of people who download singles and listen to Radio 1. If it was, then Rough Copy, Hannah Barrett and Tamera Foster all would’ve lasted a little longer. Sam’s done well, and it seems wrong to begrudge her her victory when she delivered flawless performances every week, but X Factor badly needs a makeover, as it’s all starting to feel very, very dated indeed. 

The winner's video!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/...

Thanks for both articles Petra and Sam deserved to win she blew the roof off on Saturday and last night too and hope she tours with Michael in May apart from Beyoncé in February.....love to hear her live !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Putting on here again link into Pulse 98.4 fm which gives live access to on air because it is an internet radio station and therefore think it may be able to be heard in other places; not only Scotland.  Have put it on because Martin Gold is again going to play a Christmas song from Michael tonight between 6.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m. GMT when his programme is on and so if anyone wants to try and listen to hope you can !!! :)

http://www.pulseonair.co.uk/

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend

Here is a Link to New Michael Bolton Concert - Can I Touch you There.

Very Sexy. His Voice was Incredible. You Will Like It. I love It. Lots of Love xox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ZfoIVLRyU

Hey Pit MB, That was a great video, and especially at the end when he flashes his chest...LMBO:)! That is such a great song, I Love It:)! He is such a "Hoot".....Thanks for sharing your find!!!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Mary,

Thank you and you're welcome.

I love video at the end too - so hot :)

His voice is great.

Have a great night. xox

Talking about MB flashing his chest? See? What I miss/ grhrhrhrowl. Darn. :) It's all good.

Hello, everybody.

Finally, I have found an article about Michael again.
A lot of fun while reading!

December 16, 2013 8:00 am

Michael Bolton: Cutting my hair was a $100m risk

It was about the hair, now it’s just about the voice. Michael Bolton’s on the road with his greatest hits

He’s going through the motions when we start. He’s utterly charming, of course, apologising that he’s got so little time but saying he’s happy to chat. It’s impossible not to imagine he’s answered the same questions to different journalists during a hectic day of enforced promotion.

So we take a different tack. We try not to focus on the tour and the show. Instead, we want to know about his hair.

The American crooner, who has won multiple Grammy Awards, sports shorn locks at present. He’s best known, however, for his long mane of extravagant curls. It was a look he developed as a 12-year-old. “I had hair down to my waist, and I sounded like a 50-year-old black guy,” he says.

His hair developed a personality of its own. It became a star in its own right. In 1997 – with Bolton an A-list celebrity and household name with around 30 million album sales to his name – his hair made worldwide headlines. Bolton did the unthinkable – he cut it all off.

Even today, 16 years on from his severe scissoring, he remains synonymous with those locks. The question is simple: will he ever escape from Samson Syndrome?

“It was really traumatic,” he said.

“It was like a part of my childhood and my rebellion and everything I went through to wear long hair . . . It became my look. Not exaggerating, there was probably a good $50 million to $100 million in marketing that was spent establishing my appearance all over the world.

“I had no idea it would be such a big deal. I remember I was in London and I was watching some serious news story, when they interrupted the bulletin with, ‘News just in–Michael Bolton cuts his hair!’ It was hysterical. But we raised about $9,000 for women and children at risk, so it was worth it.”

His girlfriend of the time, Ashley Judd, said she liked it. However, soon after, they split up,“Ashley was the first person to say that she actually kind of missed my long hair. I went back to the studio after I got the haircut. I was definitely insecure about it, I felt kind of naked without it. Fortunately for me people were coming in to look at me and they were being extremely complimentary. And at one point, I was sure my assistant had either cajoled them or paid them to boost my morale.”

But enough about the hair. Bolton is a man with more to talk about than a mane.

Bolton is one of music’s most prolific artists, having released 17 studio albums and 35 singles. He has now notched up more than 60 million album sales worldwide. His latest offering, Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Tribute To Hitsville, was released in February.

“I think one of the great things about the Hitsville record is that those songs are in our DNA. When you kick into those songs, you realise that everybody knows them anyway. Motown made feelgood music with great lyrics and great hooks. People usually associate that music with fond memories or happy moments.”

He also continues to tour whenever he can. He’ll return to the UK in spring for a major tour, which includes a date at Wolverhampton’s Civic Hall on May 8.

“It’ll be a greatest hits show. You know, you go to see an all-time favourite artist and you end up at a show where he or she is promoting new material – and you leave disappointed. It gets to five songs in and people are thinking: ‘Come on, play the hits’.

“That’s not something I ever want my audience to think. I don’t want them to think I’m pushing something or promoting something. It’s my responsibility to be aware to pay attention to what the audience is doing. A concert is not a self-centred experience. It’s an on-going relationship with the fans who are holding the tickets and spending their time with you. It’s my responsibility to pay attention to what they are enjoying most and when they are tuning out.

“Performing is all that I ever wanted to do as a kid. The reason I’m getting to do that is because of all those people sitting on seats. They sing the choruses. It’s a relationship, it’s about being considerate.”

Bolton has led a remarkable life. He started out as a hard rock and heavy metal performer, playing with a band called Blackjack. He once opened for Ozzy Osbourne and in 1983 auditioned to replace Ozzy as the lead singer in Black Sabbath.

However, his greatest successes came when he switched to easy-listening, radio-friendly tunes. His first big hit came when he wrote How Am I Supposed to Live Without You for Laura Branigan, while during the 1980s and 1990s he dominated the easy-listening charts.

He realises how fortunate he has been.

“There’s a lot that I’ve enjoyed. It’s been a very profound and privileged journey. For many years, my career was the opposite of that. I endured the long famine, it was an 18-year climb before I became successful. That made the success deeper and I am more grateful and more appreciative because of where I came from.

“The moments when things go well can be so out-of-body and surreal. There have been things like singing with Ray Charles or BB King. If somebody had told me in my teen years that those things were going to happen I would have told them they were nuts.

“Success opens doors. But there are two sides of it. There’s a ying and a yang in this business. As strong and as powerful as those great moments have been, there has been an equal and opposite reaction.

“But you need to look to the bright side and overcome the hardship.”

During Bolton’s glory years, he sold many millions of records. He looks back on them through rose-tinted shades.

“You know, back in the 1990s, you could sell seven to 10 million copies per album. Those days are pretty much gone. You have a few artists, like Adele, who can still do that. There’s always the odd enigma. But overall it doesn’t happen. I guess I look back on those times and I’m very fond. I am grateful that I did the work in those times, got on the plane and performed because that audience is still there. There is nothing I would rather be doing than performing.”

Bolton has looked back on his life in a new memoir, The Soul Of It All, which also lifts the lid on romances with such figures as Judd, Teri Hatcher, and Nicolette Sheridan. His hair also gets a look-in.

“I don’t cringe when I look back at that look, that hair, because it a huge was part of my 20-plus years of ‘overnight success’ and who I was as an individual and as an artist. I cut my hair off and sold it for charity but now I have hair growing out of my ears. I don’t know if it’s revenge or something.”

Andy Richardson

Destiny's child - Kelly Rowland performs with Michael at the Grammy gala last month

Petra Christine (Germany)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service