Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Again a nice picture, Sylvia! Without cap I like Michael, however, better!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Wow, that Scenery is soooooo pretty, and Michael looks nice, too:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Für alle Fans in Deutschland: Am Dienstag, den 25. März 2014, um 20.15 Uhr, auf Pro 7 kommt ein Teil von Two and a half Men mit Michael Bolton!!

For all fans in Germany: On Tuesday, 25th March  2014, at 20.15 pm, on Pro 7 comes a part of Two and a half Men with Michael Bolton!!

Thanks Petra, I'll let my German friends know! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

With all those days MB was in FL, wonder if he got a tan. Oops. on the wrong thread. Sorry.

Thanks Petra for information and hope you enjoy if you haven't seen.  We now have Two and a Half Men over here but they are still the old episodes they are working through with Charlie Sheen in them and can't wait till they get to Michael's !!! lol.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Here an article about the Kid's resale shop of Taryn:

Taryn Bolotin of Westport, owner of Around the Rosy, a children's resale boutique at 222 Post Road West in Westport, Conn. on Thursday, March 13, 2014. Photo: Brian A. Pounds

Kids' resale shop in Westport sells 'unique, reasonable' clothes

Published 1:00 am, Sunday, March 16, 2014

When Taryn Bolotin gave birth to her first child five years ago, her older sister Isa helped change her whole outlook on what a parent needs.

"My sister took me to a consignment shop for kids and I was just like, `I'm never buying anything retail again,' " she said.

Now Bolotin is doing her part to make the concepts of reuse and high quality more compatible through her new Westport-based children's resale boutique.

Around the Rosy features a range of consignment items for kids, and due to the high level of product available throughout the area, customers will be summarily impressed with what they find.

"They have incredible, unique merchandise," said Judy Simonetti, of Easton, "and the prices are always reasonable."

While Bolotin grew up in affluent Westport and is the daughter of famous singer Michael Bolton, Bolotin also learned a practical appreciation of secondhand offerings -- and a green consciousness -- growing up.

"In high school I used to shop at the Goodwill," she said. The Goodwill shop has become one of Westport's most popular destinations since it expanded last year. While at the time it was about finding a "retro" look, she said, "Now it's sort of romantic -- finding something that is unique and sort of has a history... A lot of moms like knowing that the outfit they loved their kids in will be loved again."

Around the Rosy, which opened last July, is a large and inviting Post Road space with a wide range of products -- mostly clothes -- grouped by age and gender. While it offers a wide range of items for newborn to young adult, most of the stuff is for younger kids, including a selection of strollers, high chairs, bouncers, baby gates and more.

"The clothing is amazing," said Robin Lane of Shelton.

"A baby can grow out of something in a matter of weeks," she said, noting that people -- especially first-time parents -- overbuy and waste.

"It's that whole process of recycling, in a sense," she said. "Being able to go into a store where the quality is so good and it's barely, barely used. I just love that."

For a long time Bolotin, who also studied education, served as personal assistant to her father, who changed his surname. While he lost her as an employee, she said he is very supportive of her new venture.

"He loves it," Bolotin said, describing him as a very protective dad who has made many calls to her offering suggestions on how to improve the business.

Isa Bolotin, who helps Taryn with marketing, said Westport, "as a community of privilege," was the ideal location for a kids' consignment store because a lot of high-quality -- often unused -- merchandise would be wasted if it wasn't recycled.

"You're inundated with things as a new parent," she said.

Around the Rosy, 222 Post Road W., Westport; 203-557-8082; www.aroundtherosy.com.

Jarret Liotta is a freelance writer.

Thanks for that Petra and a lovely article and lovely photo too of Taryn  !! :)

Danke Petra !!!! :)

Lovely photo and great article.. If I lived closer I'd shop there for my two great-nephews.. One thing is that Amelia isn't 5 years old yet. LOL The writer had that timing a bit off..Little gal is three years old. LOL

Robin in MD:)

Thanks for the article Petra, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Thanks Petra, it is a very special new career Taryn has chosen and a beautiful photo of her too. Thanks for posting. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Have just picked this tweet up on Twitter and it is to do with Michael being inducted into the World Championships of Performing Arts Hall of Fame.  The event takes place from 11th - 19th July and is held in Hollywood, California.

OfficialWCOPA@OfficialWCOPA 6h

MICHAEL BOLTON TO BE INDUCTED INTO 2014 PERFORMING ARTS HALL OF FAME. Each year at the WCOPA, a…

Below is link into website of WCOPA and although can't find definite information about Michael it does give plenty of information about event and hopefully we may hear more soon.

http://www.wcopa.com/

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service