Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the info Sylvia, very cool! :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Here is write up about Michael being inducted into WCOPA Hall of Fame which I have picked up in another tweet:

"MICHAEL BOLTON TO BE INDUCTED INTO 2014 PERFORMING ARTS HALL OF FAME

Each year at the WCOPA, a celebrity or industry VIP is honored with the prestigious Worldstars Achievement Award and inducted into IWA's celebrated "Performing Arts Hall of Fame." The 2014 recipient is world famous Michael Bolton, the multiple Grammy Award-winning Singer, Songwriter and Social Activist, who has sold more than 53 million albums and singles worldwide, and continues to tour the world every year, all while writing, recording and taping for a wide array of projects spanning music, film, television and theater. Known for his soulful voice and poignant lyrics, his timeless style, charm and good looks have also earned him a spot in several “People Magazine’s Sexiest Man” issues, including 2012’s “Sexiest Man Alive.” In recognition of his artistic achievements, Michael won 2 Grammys for Best Pop Male Vocal Performance (nominated four times), 6 American Music Awards, and a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. As a songwriter, he has earned over 24 BMI and ASCAP Awards, including Songwriter of the Year, 9 Million-Air awards, and the Hitmakers Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame. A diverse and prolific songwriter, Bolton has collaborated with some of the greatest songwriters and producers of our time, Lady Gaga, Diane Warren, David Foster and many more. Michael has penned songs recorded and performed by over 100 artists, ranging from country western legend Conway Twitty to hip hop superstar Kanye West featuring Jay Z and John Legend. To date, he has seen 8 studio albums rank in the Top Ten, with 9 #1 singles. Michael’s songs and performances have been featured in numerous television and film soundtracks. For his dedication to social activism, Michael has been honored with several Humanitarian awards – including the Martin Luther King Award granted by the Congress of Racial Equality (C.O.R.E.), the Lewis Hine Award from The National Child Labor Committee, the Ellis Island Medal of Honor from the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations, and the Frances Preston Lifetime Achievement Award. Michael is especially proud of the initiatives carried out by his own foundation, the Michael Bolton Charities, now in its 21st Year of advocating on behalf of women and children at risk."

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, Thanks for sharing your find....Awesome News.....Congrats Michael:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Love both articles. Awesome Michael's receiving another award this summer. Awesome about the article on Taryn & her work for children.

Many thanks for the article Sylvia! I am glad very much for Michael!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Thanks Sylvia and one big smile here :))) as I read this article. I am so very happy for MB:))). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

AWESOME for MB!!!!  More than well deserved!!!!!

Thanks for posting!

Robin in MD :)

Just to let you all know that when I posted on here I also sent info to Gail and she is checking on it for us so we might get more details about it soon.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

This was just posted:

Michael is being honored for the World Championships of Performing Arts (WCOPA) granted by the International Worldstars Association (IWA).  The annual presentations are July 18th. Michael is unable to attend due to his schedule but they will be recognizing him at the ceremony.

MISSION:  To create the ultimate, international Olympic-style competition for performing artists with an emphasis on accurate, professional "Hollywood" entertainment industry education and experiences.

Thanks Gail.  What a cool honor for Michael. Too bad he cannot attend.

Robin in MD:)

Awesome Michael's getting, once again, another honorary award though he's unable to attend. Go Michael is all I can say.

Wonderful news Gail!!! It is so nice to see Michael receiving recognition for ALL the good he does. Actually it means even more for him to be acknowledged now with the wisdom he has gathered and his appreciation is all that more imprtant and meaningful to him. WAY TO GO MICHAEL!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service