"UK comedian DAVE GORMAN, Nobel Prize-winner PROFESSOR SCHMIDT, Winners and Losers actor VIRGINIA GAY and Grammy Award-winning singer MICHAEL BOLTON phones it in. HUSKY will perform a Gordon St Classic and THE TEMPER TRAP will close the show with their latest single."

Have located above information on internet concerning an upcoming show on ABC 1 in Australia with Adam Hills and as you can see our very own MB is going to be taking part and he will be on Episode 10 of the show which airs on Wednesday, 11th April at 8.30 p.m. and by the looks of things too, unless it can be recorded by anyone, there is the facility to get a link after the show has been broadcast....just to hope, unlike so many UK shows, it plays outside of Australia....LOL.   Hope anyone who can tune in and listen too takes advantage of and enjoys show !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 2805

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL Pilar......absolutely love it but remember to warn MB not to stand in front of his new "caddie" for he has a powerful kick !!!!!!!! LOL.

Love the competition too and the advertisement for the Opera House concert....like the gold and black !!! :)   Thanks for finding and sharing Pilar !!! :)

michael and orianthi   adelaide australia  ciao a tutti crisyina

They look to be having such a great time hanging out & chillin:)! Very Nice!

Mary (M&M's)!

Thanks for the set of pictures Cristina....oh gee THANKS !!!!! :)     It is just a pity there are one or two with those stupid "balls" over Michael's face !!!!!!! LOL.    Thanks again Cristina for they are fabulous and those black, straight legged, jeans.....yeah.....I need the ice truck.....59 and with a figure like that, oh...........................Mr. SOuL !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Found below article which has been published in tomorrow's Advertiser in Australia and the picture they are carrying is the same one as previously used of MB and Orianthi sitting together on the couch !! :)

"IF YOU thought Michael Bolton's shirts were a little tight during his concert at the Adelaide Festival Theatre last week, you might be on to something.

Confidential hears the US crooner, right, used several costume changes during his show to quickly lift some weights in a dressing room next to the stage.

All of which explains the singer's particularly buff physique during his brief visit to the City of Churches.

The Grammy legend is currently touring Australia with former Adelaide guitarist Orianthi Panagaris."

Below is the article that appeared in the Radio Cruise entertainment section which was published on 20th April, 2012 and have put out in full as some were having difficulty accessing link over in the Tour thread so, if you have read over there, it is the same article....just missing link for Jack Sparrow and picture of Michael but hope you enjoy or have enjoyed article !! :)

"In the spirit of full disclosure it must be said that Michael Bolton and I have had our issues in the past. When he was super popular in the 1980's and 90's he was the antithesis of anything I considered good in music. I found him to be pompous, overblown and over rated and could not for the life of me work out why he was more popular than The Smiths or Pulp. Then there was an incident I witnessed when he toured in the 90's and stayed at the same hotel as Depeche Mode involving Dave Gahan having an argument with Bolton and his minders because MB wouldn't sign a poor lady's programme. And then there was the hair.
However there have been four things happen since that have made me put a few ticks in the Yes Bolton column in my ledger of rock.
1) Some years back I was watching Letterman on TV and he introduced Luciano Pavarotti and Michael Bolton duetting on Pav's signature aria Nessun Dorma. This, I thought, should be hilarious. I mean he's Pavarotti, and Michael Bolton is well...Michael Bolton. Bolton DESTROYED Pavarotti, simply and un-arguably sang him under the table. His voice was astounding and the performance was spellbinding.
2) Last year he showed he had a great sense of humour by recording the hysterical Jack Sparrow with the Lonely Island comedy rock band. The video of which saw him kissing seagulls and being dressed as Johnny Depp, Forrest Gump, Scarface, and most disturbingly Erin Brockovich:

3) And lastly - he cut that hair!
The Festival Theatre is packed to the brim with Bolt-Heads (I swear this is what his fans are called) and the presence of the excellent Adelaide Symphony Orchestra mean we can expect a lush sound this evening. As the band and Orchestra vamps on Soul Provider, Bolton arrives on stage to a rapturous welcome. He is very charismatic and works the stage. In between songs he fields people yelling out well wishes like a stand up comedian. "We have people strategically placed around the auditorium to shout things during the show." he deadpans.  His voice is absolute dynamite, strong and powerful and perfect for the sort of power ballads that made him the King of that oeuvre in the 80's. He does a great version of the Bee Gees To Love Somebody, before doing a stripped back rendition of his 1993 hit Said I Loved You...But I Lied. You Don't Know Me from the Vintage album has people behind me coo-ing and ahh-ing all the way through. He introduced one of his many special guests to the stage and it home grown rock guitar chick Orianthi. He namechecks her mum and her dad, her sister, in fact her whole family, which impresses everybody. They crank up the volume for a smouldering Sweet Home Chicago, with Michael and Orianthi trading blues licks at the front of the stage. They are powering along and Bolton's saxophone player and backing singer/clarinet/trumpet player are wailing away. However there is a full horn section sitting at the rear of the stage doing nothing and it could have been cranked up to a whole new level by utilizing them. It is often a problem when a 'rock' band does stuff with an orchestra, getting the balance right. You don't want to over use a symphony orchestra, but the opposite is also true.
The band and ASO do They Can't Take That Away From Me while Michael goes off for a change of clothing for the Swing section of the show. In 2006 he released the Bolton Swings Sinatra album and his voice really suits the style. Fly Me To The Moon is excellent, and he introduces guest vocalist Kelly Levesque to duet on the next few numbers. A great take of Over The Rainbow and his massive hit How Am I Supposed to Live Without You lead to the classic David Foster song The Prayer.
He tells a lovely story about working with Luciano Pavarotti and dedicates Nessun Dorma to "The Greatest Tenor the world has ever known". It is a show stopper. His delivery and the grandeur of the Orchestra is spine-tingling. Incredible. He has probably earned a little break so he excuses himself while the stunning Ms Levesque does a medley of songs Michael has hits with for other people. We're Not Making Love Anymore, I Found Someone and Forever where hits for Barbra Streisand, Cher and Kiss respectively. As a long time Kiss fan I would have preferred Bolton to sing Forever himself, but it was still pretty great. He returns to the stage to introduce his saxophone player Michael Lington to play his top ten jazz hit You and I. It's pretty good in a 1980's saxophone player way, and I did wonder if there is a dorm hose in LA somewhere full of tight shiny suit wearing sax men sitting around waiting for Bolton or Sade to announce a tour.
The band starts playing When A Man Loves a Woman and Bolton appears out in the crowd belting out the soul classic only centimetres from the fans, who are all desperately whipping out their camera phones to snap their hero. Back on stage and straight into How Can We Be Lovers. Even I have to grudgingly admit this is a pretty good song, although I'm sure there would be plenty of chaps willing to explain to Michael exactly how you can actually be lovers without being friends, but there is no time for that now. He finishes the set with two songs from 1991, Steel Bars and Time, Love & Tenderness.
There is little doubt he will return (bit obvious when the orchestra doesn't budge), and when he does it's to perform an impressive Go The Distance from Disney's animated Hercules movie. They finish with a powerful version of U2's anthem Pride (In The Name Love). Everybody is back on stage, Orianthi, Kelly and it's sounding great. There are however 60 members of the ASO sitting round doing nothing. While Bolton with his band do sound epic I was longing for the orchestra to kick in and make it the super epic it could have been. The slight under use of the ASO aside, Michael Bolton turned on a fantastically entertaining night and truly deserved the several standing ovations he received throughout the night.
So I think Mr Bolton and I are all cool now. Unless he regrows the mullet again, then we'll have to re-access."

Below is article which is appearing in the Herald Sun in Australia on 27th April about Orianthi and the show on 27th in Melbourne and for Sylvie and Robin CA photo I have included after article is one of Orianthi which is placed at beginning of article in newspaper and is one of her standing with one leg raised onto a stage/platform and she is holding her guitar !! :)

"YOU never know where a collection of self-made internet videos might take you in the future.

For Adelaide musician Orianthi it landed her an audition with Michael Jackson and the position of lead guitarist in his ill-fated This Is It tour.

Jackson had seen Orianthi's YouTube videos and was so impressed he tracked her down.

"It was such a dream, working with him for three months," the LA-based Orianthi says.

"I'd be going grocery shopping in the morning, playing Beat It in the afternoon and then coming home to clean up dog poo."

That tour collapsed after Jackson's untimely death, but these days Orianthi is used to performing with the big shots of entertainment.

She's back in Australia playing guitar on Michael Bolton's Symphony Orchestra Tour - at the Regent Theatre with Orchestra Victoria tonight - and then she's off again to tour with Alice Cooper. "Michael (Bolton) asked me to play some shows with him in New York and Connecticut and we had a blast, so I decided to come out and jam with him and the orchestra," Orianthi says.

"He's an amazing singer, but he's also a great guitar player."

Orianthi, who started playing guitar at six, has also worked with Prince, Dave Stewart and Carrie Underwood, and produced three solo albums including the hit single According To You.

At 24, it's been almost 10 years since she was performing in cover bands for pocket money and came to the attention of Steve Vai, who took her on tour, followed by Carlos Santana.

"Music's my life and it always has been," she says. "To be able to work with my idols is incredible. You learn so much and they're wonderful as people too."

MICHAEL BOLTON'S SYMPHONY TOUR Regent Theatre, tonight, 8pm Tickets: ticketmaster.com.au"

Hey Sylvia, finally got around to read the 3 articles, thanks for finding and bringing them here and thanks a lot for the transcription. That second one is a roller-coaster ride, isn't it? At least, there was enough praise to cancel out the less flattering parts. It's a keeper! Thanks again sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi, Sylvia & Cristina

Thanks a lot for sharing the articles and pics. I like them !!!

Take care

Mariu

Believe copying this tweet over to here is more than appropriate as it certainly gives MB the last word on this thread about Australia !! :)    The tweet was sent about four hours ago and was in reply to someone asking from Australia where he was now as we haven't heard from him....think I would have responded by saying; "give the guy some time off even from tweeting" BUT it is certainly to our benefit that Michael may not be on the stage but is still tweeting.....thanks Michael for keeping in touch .....must seem as bad as having to "phone home and report in" or else, BIG trouble !!!! lol.

"Michael Bolton@mbsings 

I miss All of you too! But the amazing shows and people in Australia are very present in my mind. Can't wait to go back"

Thanks for transfering the tweet Sylvia. Michael had said, when he first returned to Australia, that he'd never be away from there for too long again, lucky Australians! Take care Sylvia. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Sylvia

I have a twitter account but I don't know what I'm doing over there :)

I just tweeted so I hope I did it right LOL!

Thanks for sharing

Love Dianna xxx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service