NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 43901

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Kerie, what a great adventure:)!  You Lucky girls got to see one heck of a show....I can't wait to hear more!

What did you have autographed by him?  Have a safe trip back to your home!!!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Yes, I am living the American dream at last!! Will be here until Friday night and have very short period of time to do a lot of things, so please, forgive me, I will do my job with photos and videos from Sunday at home.

Juliet, sorry!! Next time, ok? Somewhere in the world!!! =)

I am on cloud number 9, yes... and yes, I felt like that, like living a dream!!!

Love,

Pilar

Enjoy your floating about Pilar!!! lol  Sounds like quite a Bolton Adventure for you and all the sight seeing!! Safe travels and will be looking forward to your special review all about the CT concert!!! Enjoy the U.S.A. and Michael's homeland :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Pilar, Me too, we had fun didn't we!! Wow, what a vacation you have had here...I want to hear more after you get home. You enjoy your last day in the good ol USA and report in after you get settled.. It was such fun getting to meet you and chat in person after writing all these years.

I need to write a review here too. Not sure where to start!!  Wasn't it all the best two days!!!

Have a safe trip home my friend!

Robin in MD :)

Now take a deep breath Robin Md....because we want as many details as possible and that are legal !!!! lol  So glad you had a great time with Pilar :) We can wait for the FULL review my friend!!! lol This sounds like serious recovery time needed here girl!!!! LOL Start at the BEGINNING when you feel up to it....LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hartford,CT  A special concert for MBC

I already posted above about the great time with all the ladies I spent the last few days with and truly it was a pleasure being with all of you and sharing in the fun of being Michael fans..My close friends were not able to come with me this time and I appreciate you all looking after me and including me and we all made such a wonderful group together.Iwish my two buddies could have been along they would have loved hanging with you all too..I miss you all already! :)

Michael put on one heck of a show in Hartford. The Bushnell is a nice theater and the sound was incredible.I had a VIP ticket and it included a pre show dine-around reception. I was interesting sampling different foods from different types of businesses and restaurants and seeing what all they had. I didn't eat alot of it but enjoyed what I did, it was a different experience..

Michael did basically the same songs I think for the most part that have been reported from the show in NY and did add in To Love Somebody  and at the end Rocked out on Rock Me, if I am wrong on that someone correct me...OMG Love Is Everything was just over the top live. It just filled up the venue and Michael has a hit on his hands with this.  The band really was getting into the new songs and you could tell MB was so proud to sing them.. The videos don't do them justice compared to sitting in the venue up close and watching and hearing them live..All the songs he did off GEMS are done so well in person and having Orianthi there was just amazing, She was totally rocking out and was with MB on Sweet Home Chicago, In The Name of Love, Steel Bars and Rock Me. After on of the songs he said she makes me want to give up playing and shut up and just sing!!LOL He is so amazed with Orianthi, how can anyone not be!!!   I loved her when I first saw This Is It and wow, she was so cool in person.Never thought I'd ever get to see that girl play live..wow..and I was told she is very humble and nice to go along with it. MB's band loved working with her and also Delta Goodrem.  When she came out there was this banter with MB commenting on how tall she is and she offered to take off her high heels so she did and that was so funny. MB tried to still stand up tall so he was taller than her..After she was done her songs with him he said "She is tall."  LOL He was in a good mood and joking alot between songs..Yet he switched gears and when they did  I'm Not Ready, that one made me want to cry, it was so powerful and beautiful live.Their voices are so perfect for that duet. She is a beautiful lady in person too, OMG..then they were getting ready to do The Prayer and MB was still joking about being tall and she had to tell him it's supposed to be a serious song right before they started and then he was serious and they did an amazing rendition together..LOL  I said  in a post earlier this was a special concert. I think it was for several reasons, first it was to benefit the Michael Bolton Charities, also it was CD release day, I've never in all my years traveling to see him had a show the day of a CD release, new songs from a CD performed LIVE that day with some of the people with him from the CD!!! And also it was special I think because MB got to do this in his home state, family, friends there as well as the golf people that he was bantering some with also.  Dave Mason put on a great set of music too before Michael..A side note the couple beside me were alot of fun in the front row. He got her the tix for her birthday and Michael threw her the guitar pick from I think Sweet Home Chicago. She was in seventh heaven and they both liked Dave Mason and Michael.. It was fun sitting beside them..  I knew this concert was a different type of show than a regular one on tour.  Michael did When A Man Loves a Woman in the audience on the other side from me and the odd thing was no one was standing. .He got back up pretty quickly, but again it was a charity event and different type of crowd. It was all good, just different!!LOL  I came away from it feeling so excited and happy and thrilled to have witnessed it..   Michael announced it is a tradition at his fundraising event to do a jam session with Dave Mason and everyone and do Rock Me. That was one fantastic version with Orianthi and Dave and MB all rocking out with the band and Delta singing along...We didn't stand up for Rock Me as it was a charity event but I chair danced instead..Funny part was at the end we were all standing up and clapping, taking a bunch of pics etc..and MB tossed me the guitar pick from Rock Me!!LOL  He's too funny..I don't know how anyone could come away from that show and not be totally blown away..wow!!! 

I told MB yesterday at the golf how wonderful GEMS was and he signed my cd, on the trifold cover. I also told him how great the concert was.   And he said with such sincerity--That was fun!!! And he said it a few times to other people. It was a special show too I think because he was just letting loose and having fun doing what he loves to do and hearing him say it like that was good to hear.

I will try to get some pics up in the gallery by the weekend. Still sorting things out after coming home..

Had a great adventure in Hartford..Great fun, friends and memories.wow

Robin in Maryland :)

OMG Robin, thanks for another  fantastic review! As Pilar put it, it sounded like a historic show! I can imagine that the new songs felt bigger than life,so fresh and live too… I’m sure having all these  amazing artists was awesome for Michael. I do hope we get to hear  “The prayer” with Michael and Delta.  Phew, your keyboard must still be vibrating from typing this! Lol I’m glad you were able to witness this Robin and share it with us, thanks again! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Robin in M.D. Sounds as if you had an awesome time&I'm glad. Thanks ever so much for your review. Of course, it was for a serious cause for MB'S charities but wow! Orianthi's guitar playing reminds me a lot of Santana. All I can say is tear it up, girlfriend. I'm glad you met oh! so! many BB'S&I'm sorry your buddies were unable to attend but fun was had by all. Woo Hoo. Boltonnut from L. A. CA :)

Thank Robin, I needed to get away from stress of work and stuff for a few days and have some fun times and the girls and MB were just the food for my soul as they say that I needed...

Robin in MD:)

Absolutely beautiful girl, you don't leave anything out:)!  When we are All old & in our rocking chairs....We will

have stories to tell, of our MB adventures!!! I'm glad you All had such a perfect time!  That Cloud of Michael's is getting pretty big, isn't it?

Great review:)!

Mary (M&M's)

HI Mary YES that cloud is getting mighty big, but that's ok, we can share!!!!! Yes, I've said that too, one day I'll be reliving memories in my mind in the nursing home of all these fun adventures back in the old days..:)

Robin in MD :)

What can I say - what an absolutely beautiful, wonderful review Robin, thanks !! :)  You have made each and every event come alive and even though I have never met the people you were with or that lady whose birthday it was I can see them and, of course, I can see Michael when he threw that guitar pick to you - wow !! :)   Thanks too for sharing your adventures at the golf and so glad you got Michael to sign your CD and to talk to him before the rains came down and by Michael's tweets about the golf  he still thoroughly enjoyed the event and the day......possibly too if he was playing bad he was glad the rains came down !! lol.  Hope seeing his schedule isn't quite so crazy in Europe that he gets a chance for some rounds of golf !!

Thanks again Robin for a fantastic review !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service