NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 43902

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Sylvia (Doughty),

always very nice to read your descriptions of pictures, this time a description of "our" picture :-)) and I deeply wish Robin and Sylvie could see it. I can only add to your fantastic description that it passed very quickly and we had absolutely no time to pose and to think what to do. As I am a very warm-hearted woman (Sylvie from Canada knows :-), I just did what I felt in that moment: to hug him !! I felt so certain close to him, I forgot the whole world and I just did what I felt.

And thank you for the compliment about my dress !! bought at the company Bolton in New York !!!

Your Ivana from Prague :-))

P.S.

And thank you very very much for the sentence "It looks as though you went with him to an Oscar Ceremony". It is the funniest sentence I have heard for a very very long time !!! My friends who do not know him (yes, there are still people, who do not know him) told me the same !!! Really very very funny and I thank you !!!

Hallo warm-hearted Ivana, oh I can imagine your picture very well thanks to Sylvia and I’m sure the look on all your faces is priceless and just radiating pure bliss! It should be made into an "American Express" comercial! :D I find that all the German ladies I’ve talked to and have become my friends are very warm, God bless them!  Good for you grabbing the moment Ivana! Oh boy, what a coincidence about the company where you bought your dress: it was meant to be! Lol Thank you so much for sharing your unforgettable moment sweetie, loved it to pieces! Take care liebling. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Once again, Sylvia, thanks ever so much for your descriptions as always. Boltonnut from L. A. Ca USA

Thanks for sharing all of your adventures & pictures ladies! I'm glad you ALL got to Meet him, isn't he the most kindest person?

Mary (M&M"s)!

Good morning out there,

I am back to report from Dresden, 24th. Since I spilled water on my laptop (Sylvia and Kathy: I did it while working, not because of one of your funny verbal battles! LOL) and it still does not work yet, I have no personal internet access and I use now a good's friend pc for limitated use. So I have very little time and no upload is possible. But I hope to put some videos on youtube soon.

It is wonderful that Ivana was so quick to put the photos below MB's picture with my oscar. I am so glad that he enjoyed it. Hopefully he enjoys our t-shirt too, because Christine put so much time and love in to create it.

Meeting all those nice ladies before the concert - all sitting then first row, very low stage and just a step away from the musicians! - was the first very enjoyable experience and it was just the beginning - here we go:

After a German blind female singer (Joanne Zimmer) enjoyed us with some good international songs MB started his concert with "Love is everything" and instantly there was a brilliant atmosphere with a loud response (by most of us). The sound was extremely clear and pleasant, since it was a rather small venue, aprox. 2.500 seats, not sold out.

He went on with his known programm (DOTB, HCWBL and others). The Vintage/Sinatra section contained Summertime, That's life and You don't know me. He did not talk too much (as far as I remember - maybe the others can recall more LOL), but enjoyed the balloons we put on the stage (he read the 'Welcome in Germany') and threw some into the audience - which came back, of course LOL.

He changed several times his clothes (dark shirt, dark suit, dark t-shirt - and no wholes in his jeans, so no sewing work for you to do, Sylvia LOL), and twice used his blue E-guitar to play "Sweet come chicago" and (as an encore) 'Rock me baby" to finish the concert.

I felt that the concert was rather short since after an hour he already started giving "encores" (which we were loudly asking for LOL). Christine gave him her pink rose while he was singing HAISTLWY - her favorite song. The ladies behind me were singing that loudly and false that they ruined my video LOL.

Next to his beautiful "Nessun dorma" - well deserved standing ovation - I was very moved by his "Hallelujah". He sang very tenderly and intense, slightly changed phrasing and he added a verse he already sung in Assisi (Love is not a victory march ...). Also a prerecorded children's choir was heard, probably like on "Gems" I suppose (which I did not receive yet, btw!). Beside of these two songs (Love is everything and Hallelujah) no other "Gems" songs (On sale I did not see "our" Gems t-shirt, but signed CDs for 25 Euro each.

The last thing I remember for now is that he forgot to mention himself (no "I am just a singer from New England" ...) after presenting his wonderful band, not only great musicians but also very kind people behind the stage - like their "front man" LOL..  

I am reporting a little bit confused, but I hope you will forgive me due to these circumstances.

For now I have to finish since I have to go on working. 

Have a great day - as I enjoy mine.

Heartfelt greetings from Germany

Astrid

Oh Astrid thank you so much for such a beautiful review and so quickly and most of all I am so, so delighted that you had such a wonderful concert and such a wonderful time with Michael !! :)  I must admit to you I was giving Ivana praise for the Oscar, should have known it was you - that was one of the most beautiful things I believe anyone could have done for him not only by the look of absolute delight on his face but with the speed by which he posted his picture on Facebook standing holding it and I do mean holding it .....I think I could have the cheek to say that when Michael gets either his Oscar or Grammy they will mean no more to him than yours has done Astrid -  for that man was as pleased as punch !! :)   I am so glad to hear that the "balloons" went off well - OMG I do hope you got a video which shows some of them but not to bother if you haven't for I have already had the cheek to transfer pictures of the balloons and front and back shots of Michael's t-shirt over onto this thread so that everyone could join in the excitement and fun which all of you girls most certainly had and still with more to come !!!!!!!!! LOL.  I have also Astrid transferred the two pictures that Ivana put into the blog over here so that everyone could see and I will tell you too that that picture with Michael B  is going over into another little thread too - have a guess which one - maybe put Michael L's over there too ????? LOL.

Thanks again Astrid for a wonderful review and try and have a nice day at work !!!! lol.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend and a Pink Lady too !! lol

Astrid,

I also gave praise to Ivana for the Oscar award.  Now to say to you it was a brilliant idea!  Very good thinking and a unique thing to do.

Thumbs up to Astrid!

Joy

Robin and Sylvie, Joy has put in a picture for Astrid of numerous hands being raised with a thumbs up by each and everyone - it is a beautiful icon !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

lol thanks Sylvia and Joy, I'll second that motion! :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sylvia,

Thanks for the description for Sylvie and Robin!  If I post in a rush or when I am tired I somethimes forget to do that.  But usually Kathy R. comes to my rescue!  So between the 3 of us, Robin & Sylvie will know what's going on.

Joy

:)

Been gone for a bit so I did miss that one Joy :) Hopefully catch you next time!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Ahhh, I wondered why you didn't catch that one!  You're allowed time off from the site-it's OK!!

Joy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service