NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 43906

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your review, Christine. How many women are in the pink ladies group? Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA&I'm glad yawl got better seats in the end.
Awesome Astrid&thanks ever so much. I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Hi everyone,

thank you for your kind comments on my videos, but now I know that they are not entirely deserved. Since I now had the time to control them in their full length I realized that the sound of the uptempo songs (TLAT, Pride, etc.) is quite disappointing. Sorry for that :(((. At least the sound of the slower ones is worth uploading.

Concerning Hallelujah: there was a funny interaction between MB and the audience: just the moment the band (and the prerecorded choir) started a man in the audience shouted for "Jack Sparrow" and MB laughed and tried to put the first verse on the Hallelujah melody, but was not too successful, so he continued seriously  - I was fighting with my mobile technics and was too late to record it : (((.

Another balloon-story Christine forgot to mention: Chiara from Italy brought her little daughter to the venue (a very pretty, cute and so well behaved littel girl) and Christine gave her one of her balloons and so the little girl went to the stage and gave the balloon to MB. He kindly took the balloon and he smiled very gently to her - is that a cute story? LOL

And the Gems booklet or better :little book: "Gems - Stories behind the songs" (36 pages, wonderfully crafted in the "Gems-style, size 25 x 20 cm - sorry, I'm not used to inches).Next to fantastic photos of MB, the band and all collaborating artists MB shares his thoughts, appreciation  and feelings about the artists and the songs, their development and further background information, inclusive HAISTLWY with Coco Lee and SILYBIL with Agnes Monica. (15,00 Euro - well spent - LOL)

Greetings from Astrid.

Astrid thank you so much for that further review of the show and I am so pleased to hear about little Mari' - she is a beautiful little girl - for she loves Michael just as much as Chiara does and that is just such a gorgeous story about the balloon and so sweet of Michael !! :)

The booklet sounds wonderful too and I am glad you got a copy !! :) 

Must admit I do not think Jack Sparrow and Hallelujah go together all that well - Michael was brave for trying it and no wonder he had to stop !! LOL.  I bet Michael would love to sing Jack Sparrow live somewhere but how can he without Lonely Island - in a way it is such a pity and even if the boys were shown on video timing would have to be so accurate for it to work ! 

Thanks again Astrid for your further review !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Astrid

How I enjoyed reading your review

Thanks so much for sharing with us all the fun

Love Dianna xxx

Hi again Astrid, thank you so much for more details about your concerts sweetie. Don’t worry about the videos, they weren’t perfect, so what? OMG, too bad you couldn’t record the part about “Jack Sparrow” but it makes for a great anecdote! Lol Aww, what a sweet story about the balloon… :D The size of your booklet in inches is 8 X 10. Thanks a lot for the detail about the duet with Coco Lee, we didn’t even know what Michael sang with her. Yep, the booklet sounds like it’s worth it! Well thanks again for all the info and details Astrid, it’s much appreciated, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

If I said Sylvie in Canada, I didn't mean to. Thanks. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Thanks Astrid for the additional concert stories!! Very delightful indeed!! :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hi girls

thanks for your reviews and message, you made me cry! 

Anyway Astrid could you tell me, what Michael has written about the song SAJNA RE  please? 

this is my favourite song, I like the melody and the words. But something is no clear!

Yesterday I asked to my best friend from India what Sajna re means and she told me that means hey beloved, when I woman speaks to a man. When a man speaks to a woman, he has to say Sajni re. So it means that the song has to be singing by a woman to a man! in this case what Michael sings sounded strange to my friend (the pronunciation as well, sorry!).

danke ciao

Silvy XX

Interesting point Silvy but there must be a simple explanation although looking through things, at first glance, it does look strange.....it was written by A.R. Rahmann  in the Kannada language and the film it is from is "Couples Retreat" and for that it is known as "Sajna" and that is how it is sung in the film by a MALE voice but in Rahmann's page showing his compositions it is spelt "Sajni" because he has composed it for a WOMAN to sing and that is where the different gender comes in ...... "sajna" is the male and "sanji" is the female and it is dependent on what gender is singing not the gender they are singing to !  Could there be a difference in the languages used for as I say it is written in Kannada so does Punjabi or Hindi use genders differently and is your friend's interpretation based on a language other than Kannada ?

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Just love the harmonies&instrumental&arrangements of the songs as well as, of course Michael's voice&the words. It does make me cry. Boltonnut from L. A. CA Just love the backup. I'm in to harmonies, melodies&musical arrangements as well. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Thanks Sylvia

that's interesting, I 'm going to speak with my friend, yes I understand more now!

ciao

Silvy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service