We may start getting a few promotional appearances for GEMS now.  The first will be June 8th on the Loveline with Dr. Drew from 10 p.m. to midnight.  You can find a station here:

http://www.lovelineshow.com/stationfinder

Also it looks like you can listen live or on the website either after but you have to be a loveline member. 

http://www.lovelineshow.com/membership

Views: 6795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How kind and CORRECT you are Matthieu about Michael's music!!!!!! I feel the same way about Love is Everything and I soooooo hope it is and will be the next hit for Michael!!! The song is definitely classic Michael :) I am already feeling that GEMS is definitely becoming my favorite Michael cd after 20+ years of being a devoted fan through thick and thin as you say and many jokes from people who don't have well tuned ears!! This has certainly a Michael year with jack Sparrow and then this wonderful cd :) So well deserved for Michael to be in the limelight once AGAIN!!! 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Am I on something but something about the song with Michael&Rascal Flatts has a ring to it. It reminds me a little of Love Is Like a Holiday. You all are right. Gems is an awesome title for the CD. Eva Cassidy, I've heard of beforehand&wow! what a voice. I'm not a lot for female voices but she's the best. She has the vibratta, a softness&not over powering like some can be. Boltonnut from L. A. CA
I believe you're Mathew, Love what you wrote here. Love the fact in all you said. You're saying what I'm thinking&can't always express myself. You go now. You're in Parris, right? Awesome. Hearing 1987-91&sso forth is awesome. Love that era. Now, don't get me wrong. Love Vintage&Sinatra Swings&all but wow! Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA
Matthieu, I apologize for spelling your name incorrectly. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Article and more info on the song SAJNA:

iconimg
Collin Rodrigues, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, June 27, 2011
Michael Bolton may have astounded many with his parody of Jack Sparrow, but now the American singer is going the desi way.
And helping the Grammy winner out is city musician Clinton Cerejo, who has been arranging music and vocals for Bollywood and South Indian films for over a decade.

Most recently, Clinton has done vocal arranging for the song Sajna… by Bolton, that also features AR Rahman. The song was originally composed by Rahman for the 2009 Hollywood comedy Couples Retreat. Says Clinton, “When Aditya Modi (Rahman’s engineer) called me and said we needed to re-arrange Sajna… in a new key, I was confused. I was like “How has the key changed? Didn’t that film release two years ago?” He told me it was for a highly confidential project and asked me to come down to the studio. So when I heard the song with Michael Bolton’s vocals, I was pretty surprised myself.”

Clinton has also sung, Sooraj ki baahon mein…, for the upcoming film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara as well as the title track for Jyotin Goel’s Pri and Me. Previously, Clinton worked as a music arranger for the song If I Rise…, from the Oscar nominated soundtrack of 127 Hours.

For the musician, vocal arranging, string arranging and sound design are integral parts of modern pop music today. He adds, “When you take songs that have been well-produced overall, it’s usually because all the elements work together to make the song what it is. A great song holds its own. Even when their heard without all the bells and whistles, some songs still give you goose bumps… all the rest is just ear candy.”

Does anyone know what sajna re means in English?

I loved the song Sajna from Couples Retreat but the chorus repeats Sajna re. Anyone know what that means?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

It means "Hey beloved" . Sajna is a term of endearment in Punjabi but it is commonly used in Hindi / Bollywood songs as well.

Thanks Joy for a wonderful article and run down of Sajna and the little vignette I have heard of Michael singing that song he certainly knew what it meant and he puts some heart into how he says "sajna" - another one that I can't wait to hear in its entirety and one I feel, if you appreciate all the words, will be outstanding and a favourite !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I LOVE that song Sajna it's so pretty...and very different for Michael.. I don't have a song on this one I don't like actually!!LOL

Thanks for the explanation!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

It is very different for Michael...I agree Robin Md. The song sounds so delicate and I definitely think of saris blowing in the wind :) Very pretty indeed!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Joy, wow, what are the odds on you finding that article? Thanks for sharing it sweetie! Funny you should find this now because someone asked just yesterday in another thread, that they wanted to know what it meant so I googled it and I found that someone translated it as "sweetheart" so, same difference. Thanks again for sharing sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Joy:

Thanks for finding this article!  Originally I wasn't sure that "Sajna" would be the right song for Michael, but now that I've listened to it several times I have completely changed my mind.  It is a beautiful song and suits him well.  Don't think it's my favorite, but it works well on Gems.  Another good article.  Nice to see Michael and Gems getting all this press.

Diane

Hi Joy

Thanks for the article

I must admit this is my least favourite song off the album

I have listened to the album only 3 times I know I just got it yesterday but I haven't connected to this song yet maybe I will after a while

Love Dianna xxx

Is Sajna the second song on the CD? That's my ultimate favorite. it makes me cry&so does "Make Me Feel You Love"&"Fields of Gold." The other artists that do those songs, love the memories&Michael did them extremely well. I feel there's a sadness in those 2 songs--for one that Eva is no longer with us to appreciate her music abilities but she's an angel in heaving watch below. Then, they both remind me of a very dear friend of mine who passed away last year. Just love them but Sajna is my ultimate favorite from the CD. Love the whole CD, of course. Thanks for all articles, reviews, pictures, youtubes&the like as I've said before. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service