Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while now. I’ve been reading since the beginning of this forum, many discussions started by fans who simply wanted to share their joy of being a Michael Bolton fan. We have threads to share concert reviews, some to share news, videos etc, but not exactly what I have in mind. I would like for this thread not to be about meeting Michael, but about MB related moments in our daily lives, that anyone can take part in. I’m sure we all have tons of fun stories about how the existence of our Michael made us smile today.

For example: I remember once working on the computer and being stressed out to finish a job, then I took a break and turned on the radio, SILYBIL was on and I felt like I’d been given a big hug! Also, I remember once reading on one of the old message boards, someone had gone to a thrift shop and found an MB T-shirt and it made her day! Another story of mine has to do with my husband driving with “The one thing” on, stopping at a light and the guy in the next car asked him who that was and said this was great music! Your anecdotes can also be about how you've converted a "non believer" or your child’s discovery of Michael and sometimes we have as many stories as we have kids! Anyway, I guess I’d like this thread to be kind of a Michael Bolton  “Vegetable soup for the soul”. :D I have a few stories in my own life like these and even started my own personal document  a while back and I thought: why not share our stories together? So there you go MB fans: share away! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Views: 7139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone, Yep, 5/21/94, I went back to Columbia SC to visit my friend Leeta. Monday, when leet went to work, I took a cab to the Bolton bommers softball game for their local radio station. I didn't know a soul @ the game. The cabbie took me to the 106 FM'S van&they put me on the air. My friend Ruby said she heard me. How funny. @ the end of the game, when I was waiting for the cab to leave the stadium, they gave me an autographed softball. I took a cab to where Leeta works, we took the cab to Ruby's&came home. Ruby's other daughter Hild was to take me to the show. Well, Hilda said, "I'm not gonna take you. You're too obsessed." I said, "Well, Missy, there's cabs." She did take me. Michael's concert was awesome. My bold club wasn't all that but I was there, right. he did a part of an aria but I can't think of what it was but I totally freaked. then, I took a cab back to Leeta's&Ruby's&hoped I had the right trailor&I did. Whew. I went home that Wednesday. leet always says, "You only came to see Michael." I said, "it's only a couple hours. The rest of the time is with you guys. :)))))

Hey Robin, thanks for sharing another one of your MB adventures! I love how independant you are girl: nothing's gonna stop you from "seeing" him! :D BTW, the aria Michael sang part of back then was "Vesti la giubba",  which he called "Palliachi" or "Pagliacci" is how it's spelled... Thanks again for sharing girl, God bless. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

You got it Sylvie, you know the aria I'm referring to. thanks. Listen, if i had unlimited bucks, I'd go to San diego&to Reno. right on to those going. Love it.

Once again just to say thanks and to acknowledge all the stories on here girls......terrific and love reading over my breakfast.   Thanks !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I, too, am enjoying everyone's dreams&stories. Mom always referred to Michael as my boyfriend. :)))) God rest her soul.

Hey Robin R.

He is your Boyfriend, isn't he! LOL:)! BTW...I just looked at how many views this thread has and Wow is all I can say...1745 views:)! Hats off to Sylvie the Solver for giving Us this (Chicken Michael Soup) for our Souls:)! Great idea!

Mary (meg's mom)!

This is what happened before the show...kinda like a prelude to the real story! Leading up to it:)! Hope you enjoy:)!

Back before I had my Gold Club pass, I had the brochure of everything that was offered to Michael's fans at that time!

It was to be my "Wish-book"...I use to call the 800# just to talk to someone who listened to my rantings:)! LMBO!

Well...I bought a Paper-weight for Meg. a T-Shirt, and then I was itching to get the Gold Club pass! And low & behold my hubby went 1/2 on it w/my mom! For my Birthday! It was $50.00! And I got the whole pkg.  you all know what I'm talking about! I still have it All:)!

So while I am waiting for it, Michael is having tickets going on Sale...and I hadn't received my pkg. yet! OMG! I called and I started crying...I was sure I wasn't going to get it on time! But whoever was taking care of his Fan Club at that time assured me I would be OK! Whew...it was a Close Call, but I got it:)! Thanks to Michael's staff of course)! Wonder if it was Gail back then?

That's it for now....Stay tuned:)! Until then Have a Great Day today & Everyday:)! Each day is truly a Blessing:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Awesome this far, mary. Keeping us in suspense. Love it though. :)

I remember the $50 thing with the gold club. Wasn't that considred lifetime?

Thanks for sharing that Mary and glad everything worked out and I bet you were dancing up and down and as for the "whole package" and knowing what that was...no....I don't know for I was never in Michael's fan club.  When I started following Michael I hadn't been in a fan club for about 20 years and the only ones I was ever in was The Stones and The Walker Brothers....over here being in a fan club was for the young not someone well in their thirties.  Do know though that way back the girl to do with Michael's fan club was Joyce Logan for she actually started his fan club and ran it for a long time purely on her own.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I’m with you in not being in the Gold club, which I didn’t know about, not having been able to attend a concert. Then I joined the MBPlatinum club when my husband ran out of ideas for presents, but that was certainly one of the best! :D By that time, I think Joyce was working with a few people though: I’ve heard of Judeen and Vicky, before Gail, who was the one there when I joined. Well anyway, thanksfor sharing Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Let's just say that Michael only has the Nicest people around him...and he probably hand picked Joyce & Gail as well! They are his chosen people to handle Us:)! Let me just say again she had to listen to my Rants..poor lady:)! The package was a 8 x 10 pix, some cassettes, with singles on them, a special Gold Club Pin..and his Biography! That's all I remember:)! And the Pass:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service