Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while now. I’ve been reading since the beginning of this forum, many discussions started by fans who simply wanted to share their joy of being a Michael Bolton fan. We have threads to share concert reviews, some to share news, videos etc, but not exactly what I have in mind. I would like for this thread not to be about meeting Michael, but about MB related moments in our daily lives, that anyone can take part in. I’m sure we all have tons of fun stories about how the existence of our Michael made us smile today.

For example: I remember once working on the computer and being stressed out to finish a job, then I took a break and turned on the radio, SILYBIL was on and I felt like I’d been given a big hug! Also, I remember once reading on one of the old message boards, someone had gone to a thrift shop and found an MB T-shirt and it made her day! Another story of mine has to do with my husband driving with “The one thing” on, stopping at a light and the guy in the next car asked him who that was and said this was great music! Your anecdotes can also be about how you've converted a "non believer" or your child’s discovery of Michael and sometimes we have as many stories as we have kids! Anyway, I guess I’d like this thread to be kind of a Michael Bolton  “Vegetable soup for the soul”. :D I have a few stories in my own life like these and even started my own personal document  a while back and I thought: why not share our stories together? So there you go MB fans: share away! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Views: 7139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was reading my Book on my lunch break today..."Black Hills" by Nora Roberts....and I thought I would share this tidbit with you All! I am about to finish this one, and the 2 main characters of course are in Love, and while I was reading it, as he is putting on some Music for her girlfriend...guess what the song is? Give Up? WAMLAW by Percy Sledge:)! If it would have been Michael Bolton I would have fell out of my chair laughing! What are the odds in that song choice? OK Sylvia, off to the library you go! LMBO!

And then Meg. tells me she saw Michael's commercial on the MTV Awards show tonite:)! Dang it...she said hey mom Michael's on a commercial! I said was it the Starburst one? She said how did you know? LOL!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Read that one Mary and another terrific book but have to say that Nora has actually mentioned Michael in some of her books for I have come across a "Michael song" and there is another author who can pop in a Michael song somewhere and not 100% sure but I have a funny feeling it is Barbara Taylor Bradford or it could be James Patterson or it could be.......told you I wasn't 100% sure but certainly next book I am reading and he "pops up" I will note it down and let you know !! :)

Now onto the MTV Awards and how, what, where and when was Michael mentioned ????????????   Was the commercial up for an Award, did it win an Award or was it just being shown in the commercial break of the programme ?????  Please, some more information ????? :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi ladies, well first, Mary, thanks for sharing about your book and Meg seeing the commercial. Amie mentionned she read  in a book called "The crystal train" by Kelsey Campbell if I remember correctly, that it was based on "When I'm back on my feet again". Now Sylvia, sounds to me like Meg saw the actual commercial: I don't think MTV gives out awards for commercials yet. :D BTW, I remembered something I wanted to write here as I was writing to Mary last night. Last Saturday, we were running errands, in the car, listening to music and hubby had put on the "Soul provider" CD. My teenage son recognized that the "When I'm back on my feet again" was the original version and he asked about it. Hubby plays "Greatest hits" more often in the car. My son said he enjoyed the remix version of WIBOMFA because for him, it's the percussions in the song that give him goosebumps! XD To each his own I guess, but it was cool to hear a Michael song gives him goosebumps! :D This is my youngest son who actually enjoys Michael's music and has his own compilation CD and has Michael on his ipod. Well, that's it for now. Take care ladies and have a great day, thanks again for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

I couldn't watch the MTV awards as I don't have cable. I remember once when I was watching one of the soap operas "Another World"&one of MB'S songs came up. I wish I could remember what song they played. it was awesome. Neat about newer books of having Michael's music mentioned or his name. I don't read as much as I should & I could but it's taking the time but I tend to read the old books. :) But cool, girls.

Go Alex having Michael's music on his iPod & recoegnizing "wWhen I'm Back On My Feet Aga"&so forth. MB just pops up here, there & everywhere. :)))))

While visiting my mom tonight she brought out a magazine that had a pic of Michael & Paula Abdul in it....saying that he was her babysitter back in the day:)! It was a great pic & dang it I forgot it:)! LOL! She wanted to surprise me...bless her Heart:)! I didn't see what magazine it was in either! I will ask her!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Oh! Cool Mary. Man, I sure can't write. I meant to write again"&recognizing. Whew.

Hey Robin, wrong son girl: Alex only has "Jack Sparrow" on his Ipod! lol Take care girl. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Oops. My bad girl. You know who I'm referring to. heheheheheh I knew I'd get those 2 guys mixed up.

Hey Mary, thanks for sharing. I just wish they'd finally get their story straight about the babysitting! How sweet of your mom to save that for you, enjoy the pic Mary, take care. :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Lucky Paula in all respects there. Woo Hoo. :)

My hubby & I stopped by my Mom's place yesterday....and what did she have sitting out for me (Not to 4-Get) none other than that pic of Michael & Paula! It is now on my wall in front of our computer! LOL!

Mary (meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service