Hi everyone,

I’ve been meaning to start this thread for a while now. I’ve been reading since the beginning of this forum, many discussions started by fans who simply wanted to share their joy of being a Michael Bolton fan. We have threads to share concert reviews, some to share news, videos etc, but not exactly what I have in mind. I would like for this thread not to be about meeting Michael, but about MB related moments in our daily lives, that anyone can take part in. I’m sure we all have tons of fun stories about how the existence of our Michael made us smile today.

For example: I remember once working on the computer and being stressed out to finish a job, then I took a break and turned on the radio, SILYBIL was on and I felt like I’d been given a big hug! Also, I remember once reading on one of the old message boards, someone had gone to a thrift shop and found an MB T-shirt and it made her day! Another story of mine has to do with my husband driving with “The one thing” on, stopping at a light and the guy in the next car asked him who that was and said this was great music! Your anecdotes can also be about how you've converted a "non believer" or your child’s discovery of Michael and sometimes we have as many stories as we have kids! Anyway, I guess I’d like this thread to be kind of a Michael Bolton  “Vegetable soup for the soul”. :D I have a few stories in my own life like these and even started my own personal document  a while back and I thought: why not share our stories together? So there you go MB fans: share away! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Views: 7138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I enjoy pickles from onions, to gherkins, to red cabbage (oh, that is delicious), to eggs, to anything else that is pickled but I have never had them fried Mary......something else for me to try out !! lol   BTW with the pickles you just have to have a big lump of cheese ....oh boy, I am getting hungry !!!! lol

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Our girl Meg. was over, of course I had to share this section w/her:)! She got a kick out of it, when I read the stories I wrote about to her! LOL:)! Then the memories started coming back to her, she was laughing & going and finding this block of wood she painted for me...with a picture of Michael that she glued on...he was singing "This is the Time" but she cut off Wynonna:)! OMG..she really went on a rant:)! She loves him...just as much as I do:)!

And Ms. Wee One...she loved those 2 video's:)! Thanks bunches! And Sylvie..she said this thread was Cool:)! So there you have it!

She also said that The Pickle On a Stick sounded good to her:)! Too Funny! She is the Light at the end of every tunnel:)!

Fun to go back and remember All of the Good times we have had:)!

I have more but I gotta hold on to them for a bit:)! I want to hear more of All of your stories, everyone!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Another fantastic story of how that man, Michael Bolton, made someone smile !! :)   Thanks for sharing Mary and so glad Meggy got a kick out this thread !! :)

Mary, you and Meg are too cute! :D Thanks for sharing your stories sweetie and glad Meg enjoyed the thread! Tell her she's welcome to breeze in anytime... :D Take care girl and have a great day. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hey Everyone,

I keep checking in and hoping to find a story from you All as well, there have got to be many stories to share! What about when you hear Michael's music being played while grocery shopping! I know when he was on "Oprah" years ago, she said that it made Us women want to buy food for our Husbands, LOL! What's your take on that ladies?

Mary (meg's mom)!

Well, folks, I just had a big melt down. I mean, cried my eyes out when "Drift Away" came on my little iPod here. I just love that song; the words, arrangement, background, &, of course, Michael's voice. I could talk to him for ever & ever amen about music if ever I had the opportunity to do so. If I just wouldn't have brain freezes when I've met up with him. I'd say "Drift Away" has to be an ultimate favorite song of his. Music puts all kinds of emotion into me that's for sure. Just had to share.

No Mary, unfortunately, hearing Michael in supermarket doesn't have that effect on me; maybe it could be something to do with not having a husband......LOL   To be serious I forgot to come in here during week and tell you that when I was in supermarket the other day "Only A Woman Like You" was playing and it was the whole CD for I spent an inordinately strange amount of time in the shop buying a few groceries and when I got home I realized I had forgotten something......that is the effect Michael's music in supermarkets has on me for that has had happened before for, over the years, I have heard him in my local store and it seems to be whoever is on earlier in the morning likes him for that is when he has been on and of course, this week, I went earlier than normal because of wanting to get back in time for tennis which, on Wednesday, after leaving myself plenty of time, I only just did !!!!! LOL

Hey Sylvia, how lucky! Well, if you go to that store often, ask the  cashier if he/she knows who's in charge of music in the store: you never know, you might make a friend! :D Take care Sylvia and thanks a lot for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hey Robin, oh girl, I completely understand crying your eyes out with special songs. Usually, it can happen to me when I haven't listened to Michael CD's in a while. I just burst in tears out of the blue, as if I were reconnecting with an old friend... I'm not a person who needs to listen to Michael every day, but somehow, coming on this site still makes me feel connected to him... Isn't that weird? XD Anyway, I know how special that song is to you girl and frankly, I think of you every time I hear it... :D Take care girlfriend and thanks for sharing. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada xxx

Sylvia, wow! The store playing the whole CD of OAWLY. Now how cool is that? Love it. Sylvie's right; check with the manager there. Sylvie, I almost broke down again when you were talking about "Drift Away." Cool you think of me when that song's on. Girls, I'll never forget when Michael did "Drift Away! In Elmira NY in September that year. Fifteen of us went from Stamford CT to go to the show. When it started, I jumped up, screamed, darn near stood on my chair, sat down&sobbed. Wow! Someone let me know ehn to go up to the stage; I went up twice, he held my hand both times. A security guard even identified themselves. I was like wow! Tre' approached me abot "Drift Away" @ the fan reception the next day. so, yeah.

Yeah, like you Sylvie, I don't hear Michael every day either but his music can cause me total melt downs. Memories just flow. Wow! Oh, the concert in Elmira was in 2003. I also saw him the following Wednesday in Bloomsburg PA as i spent couple days with Debbie&Meri. That was awesome. I wanna love you with my eyes close, wow! That's anoter ultimate song. Love how he multi tracks his voice in that song&, of course, he did that in concert then as well.

Hey Mary, I remember that Oprah show and then she repeated the info to Michael in a later show. I don't know if it would make me spend more, but it would make me want to stay in the store longer! :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service