WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE 2014 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2014 Tour Review Thread.  The upcoming year is going to be exciting with so many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!! Feel free to share the details of your concert adventures, photos, videos etc.  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and the MBC Charity Event which will most likely be held later in the year too. Michael has multiple projects in the works so we never know what will happen next!!!! I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2014 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time in 2014 to all of you!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Views: 108085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sylvie, how far is tomorrow's show from you? Like I said, I'm thinking of you Wednesday. Can't wait to hear your review. :) Also, thanks for all translations.

Welcome Christine from Germany. I take it you'll be seeing MB in Germany? I think he'll be there. :) Pardon if I'm wrong.

This is the first chance I've had to post since Michael's concert last night in RI.  Here goes:  Our seats were great, 2nd row center directly in front of him.  The first row seats were practically up against the stage so there was no going in front of the stage during his last set, which was okay since I honestly couldn't be any closer than where I was sitting. From the minute he came out he seemed very relaxed and really made the audience feel welcome.  He encouraged us to take as many pictures as we wanted and to make a lot of noise. He started his first set with To Love Somebody and Dock of the Bay, while sitting on a stool.  I can't remember the exact order of songs, but he sang SILYBIL, Sweet Home Chicago (which was great),You don't Know Me (that's when I melted into a puddle), he also did about 4 songs with Kelly Leveque (sp) The Prayer (which he got a standing ovation for), Ain't No Mountain, How am I Suppose to Live Without You, and Make you Feel My Love.  He also did Nessum Dorma (sp), sorry I'm tired and probably spelling everything wrong...LOL!!  His 3rd set was WAMLAW, How Can We Be Lovers, Time, Love & Tenderness then went off the stage.  He came back to sing Georgia.  Even my husband commented on how "personable" he was.  He's one of those "lucky" husbands who gets to go to all of Michael's concerts with me whether he wants to or not...teehee!  Jason was on Sax, Michael Lington wasn't there and I didn't recognize the drummer.  It was a great concert and hopefully he'll come back to that venue since it was sold out. I took some pictures with my phone but they didn't come out so great--too much glare.  Anyway, it was a wonderful night and I'm excited for everyone who has a concert coming up in the next few months.  My next one is in NH in June. 

Enjoy everyone!!!!

Diane :)

Thank you, Diane, for your review :)). You had a great time obviously and I love seats that close to the stage too :)). It took me a long time to finally get one thing correct you mentioned....."Nessun" is the spelling, sweetie, and it has become a treasured song of mine. I understand totally the standing ovation for "The Prayer".....soooo beautiful !!!! :)). MB has made a bit of an opera fan out of me...for his songs at least :)). Too bad about the photos...not easy to get good ones with cell phone cameras...I took a 20 year old Canon Photura to Durant....bingo....first good photos I have gotten...glad I kept that camera too :)).
Thanks again for sharing your grand night with us, Diane :). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Hey Diane, Thanks for the review girl, much needed here in "Boltonland"....I'm glad you had a great seat, and a wonderful night out w/Michael & your hubby:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Thanks Diane for your review. I felt like I was there. Wow! Love to make you feel my love.

Thanks for the great review Diane!!! I also have a lucky husband who goes with me to most of MB concerts!!! Seats real close to the stage make up for not being able to dance at the stage...that's for sure!!! Sounds like you had a GREAT time and Michael gave a warm and wonderful concert! Thanks for sharing :))))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Oh, now I even more nervously because of my first concert in April! If I read your report! I believe, I will on April be stirred to tears! Many thanks for your report, Diane!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Hi Diane and thanks a million for a super review and so glad you had great seats and very, very obviously a wonderful time at the concert....so pleased for you !!! :)

On the sax Michael Lington hasn't been with MB since last May when Jason came back to the band.   On the drummer are you saying Diane that it is not Drew McKeon who has been with Michael for a couple of years at least now ??   

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, I hadn't seen Michael at all last year so I wasn't aware that Michael Lington had left.  As far as the drummer I guess I just never really noticed, so it probably was Drew McKeon.  Anyway, the night was great and I'm still smiling!!!!!

Diane :)

Hi Diane, thanks a lot for your review and good to hear you had a great time! My husband does enjoy Michael so I'm the lucky one, though I'll be going with my daughter this time: her first concert so it'll be fun! Take care Diane and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Sorry to be so late replying Diane. We still have issues from the ice storm, but at least have power back.. I enjoyed reading your review and am so glad MB told you all to take pics and make all the noise you wanted to. Yes seats that close are perfect!!!!!!!  I cannot wait to sit in the front row in two weeks at my first show (weather permitting)..  At least for the next one you won't have bad winter weather to possibly worry about..

Yes I was so sad to see Michael Lington go. He is one amazing sax player.
Jason is a great guy too but I am a big Lington fan and do miss him being up there.  Nothing against Jason.. He's been a fun guy for years too.

Yes Drew McKeon is the last drummer I saw in December with MB, I hope he's still there!!!

Thanks for sharing your fun time!! You have me excited now!!!

Robin in MD:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service