WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE 2014 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2014 Tour Review Thread.  The upcoming year is going to be exciting with so many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!! Feel free to share the details of your concert adventures, photos, videos etc.  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and the MBC Charity Event which will most likely be held later in the year too. Michael has multiple projects in the works so we never know what will happen next!!!! I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2014 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time in 2014 to all of you!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Views: 108084

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Loved watching this video and hearing MB performing live :)). Thanks Petra. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Warren PA 2/23/2014

The Concert that started at 3:00 p.m.  MB thought that was funny all afternoon!!

Hi all. We had another amazing concert last night in Warren, PA. MB was funny between songs and he sounded fabulous. We could not tell that he’s recently been sick.   The sound in the venue was great. The venue is an older one and has a banner with 1883 up at the top over the front of the stage.  Kelly’s photo did it justice.   It was strange having a show at 3:00 p.m. and we made the long drive up the day before.  There isn’t a lot in Warren, PA and it is a small town up north in Western PA, not far from the NY state line.

Funny thing is the band and crew stayed at our hotel, I guess as there were not many hotel there!!LOL We ran into Jason at a restaurant across the street the night before the show.  We were all leaving the same time so we said hi and chatted a little while.  Then even funnier yesterday morning I saw him downstairs in the hotel as we had a little snow and I went out and cleaned my car off and we talked about how there wasn’t a lot in Warren, PA and the early show time!!LOL

We had great seats at the venue, front row left side. Bad thing was the venue had a railing in front of the seats and then a hole where the orchestra pit was between the seats and the stage. I thought that was not very safe but that must be how they do things at Warren. We didn’t like that but otherwise we loved the concert.   They did say no flash photos so I took some w/o it but towards then end turned it on and got some with a flash anyway!!LOL  I did not take as many as I usually do, I wanted to watch the show more and enjoy it without always trying to get pics.   I still took enough to share with you all. I cannot resist taking some!!LOL 

I don’t want this review to sound like it is about me. MB did tease me more than usual from the stage and I wanted to share those moments as they cracked us up so I hope you don’t mind me including them here as they are part of my memories but not the overall theme of my review  or of the concert.  MB was making jokes and he made everything so funny….LOL

MB did a great job and when he first came out and after singing Soul Provider he talked about the strange time of a show at 3:00 p.m. I was sitting right where he was getting ready to play the guitar for To Love Somebody on our side and I said yes it it was strange, he put his hand over his eyes and looked out to see the audience and said “Is that Robin?”  I said yes and he asked again how many shows, I said 136. He repeated that and the audience clapped….I said I’ve never seen him perform at 3:00 p.m. He teased then about different times back and forth a little with me LOL He started naming odd times at night for shows!!…He had quite a few people calling out to him from the audience and he was teasing everyone right back. MB was in a great mood.. One fan had a big poster with an older softball photo of MB in the early 1990’s  I think with her, as he asked her if it had been photo-shopped..LOL  He thanked her for that.   

After the first guitar set MB tried to toss us his guitar pick but it didn’t quite make it past the opening for that orchestra pit between the stage and the front row seats.  I had a little flashlight and looked on the floor but never saw it. We think it went down in the pit!!LOL Oh well he tried!!!!  Several times we noticed he had to be careful and stopped and slightly looked down at where he was.  We don’t think he cared for that and I can understand why. When Jason as over on our side during his solo he made a motion of not wanting to fall down there! LOL

MB really rocked out again on Sweet Home Chicago and the audience was really getting into it clapping and chair dancing along with him.  He had a very appreciative crowd and the venue was full.

When he came out dressed in the suit to do the duets with Kelly he said how again it was strange performing at 3:00 p.m. Then said he had problems with his tie and he had to pull it to get it right, even his tie wasn’t ready to come out yet, it wasn’t time!!  LOL A lady yelled out to him that he looked great!!

As the show went on MB started talking about his early career and the first hit for HAISTLWOY and only selling a few number of his albums and he talked about his family buying maybe 9 copies and “the copies Robin bought” and looked down at me again and grinned and I said “anything to help” and laughed. He had the audience cracking up.

MB and Kelly really rocked Ain’t No Mountain High Enough and all the other duets they usually do..I love her with MB. She’s so full of energy. We gave them a standing ovation for The Prayer..It was beautiful!!!

At one point MB was introducing the band and crew and saying it’s because of them we see them and we can hear them.  Then he asked the audience “How is the sound?”  Then he said again to me Robin, how is the sound after being to so many shows?? I said good and gave him thumbs up!! The audience laughed. 

When he was starting to introduce Nessun Dorma and talked about the time he went to sing the first time with Pavarotti, he was telling that story and saying he didn’t go etc…then again he looked down at me and said Robin how many times have you heard this joke? I wasn’t paying close attention, was saying something to my friend and had to look up quick and I said oh probably about 136!!!LOL  The audience laughed again.  Lordy!!!!!! He was on a roll or something!!!!During Nessun Dorma when he gets to the instrumental and wants to put the mic down for the audience to sing he started to do it to us, and I was like oh no, and motioned it was all his!!LOL  Then he went to the other side and did it to a person there!!LOL  He got a huge Standing Ovation for Nessun Dorma!!! You would never know he’s been sick..Wow!!!Gave me chills once again!!!!

MB was introducing Kelly to sing the medley of songs he had written for other artists and started naming artists and he made up a name..It wasn’t anything we recognized and Kelly was trying hard not to laugh and MB said he didn’t know where that came from and laughed at himself!! Then he started listed them off with Barbara Streisand, KISS etc…Kelly ROCKED IT with the medley of songs, OMG that girl can sing and dance. I was able to get some cute photos of her on our side when she did the medley..The audience really clapped and cheered for her too!!

MB’s walk into the audience was a short one, just part way up the side aisle from the stage door and back. With the front of the stage set up as it was, there was no other way for him to get back..  He was on our side so it was fun seeing him do that closer up from our seats.

MB rocked the second half with When A Man Loves a Woman,  How Can We Be Lovers and TLT..He did do an encore with both Steel Bars and Georgia!  After he got back for WAMLAW I turned on my flash and got more pics.  MB was just amazing the whole night and the show was almost 2 hours long.  MB really appreciated the crowd last night and they stood and applauded him at the end for quite some time. The first time before the encore and then at the very end they stood and clapped and clapped, not wanting it to end!!!!  I have a photo of him with his hands together when he bows thank you to the audience.  He touched his heart a few times gesturing thank you and appreciation.  For a small venue in a little town up in the mountains of PA they sure gave MB and the band the love!!! He was really having a great time up there and so were all of us.

After the show at the stage we saw Cameron briefly and she’s glowing! She’s rockin out up there baby and all..LOL We congratulated her.  Jason came down and talked to some fans and we talked to him a few minutes as it was like we were old buddies running into each other like we had been earlier LOL..He was chatting with the ladies that had the big sign with the photo of MB.

Thanks again MB and band for another amazing Bolton concert and great memories!!!!! MB  was so relaxed on stage and quick with jokes and comments that made it that much more fun. He poked fun with other folks too not just me, just he seemed to get me a few times this go round!!LOL   He wasn’t going to let go about the 3:00 show time!! That was soooo early for him.LOL The only matinee so to speak I can think of we saw was the Andrew Lloyd Webber shows but I’ve never seen an MB concert at that time of day before.

To answer your question about the shirts-Sorry girls I don’t buy t-shirts anymore and didn’t really look. My friend went by the merchandise table and said they had them for $20.00.  

Now hopefully weather will be cooperative and we will be traveling to DE next for MB’s concert there on his birthday! 

Pics up in the gallery tomorrow, here is one from the end of the show I really like of him thanking the audience as they were clapping and standing for a very long time! No one wanted it to end!! :)

Robin in MD :)

P.S. to Review for Warren, PA

During the first guitar set MB decided to make flashes to the audience with reflecting the lights on his guitar and playing with the audience like it was a funny game!!LOL I have a picture of it and that reminded me.

Robin in MD still remembering things!!! LOL

Love it Robin. keep those reviews coming & awesome remminissing

I feel as if I had been present. An astonishing adventure. Amusing Michael and a happy audience! It makes me excitedly my first concert in April. Here by the time difference in Germany Michael will also appear in the afternoon! I am glad for you and hope that the concert on Wednesday will be equally nice. Will you sing Michael a birthday song? Many thanks over again, Robin!!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Thanks so, so much Robin for such a wonderful review and as everyone said you make one feel as though they are there with you !! :)   Thanks too for the terrific photos and especially for the bit about MB joking about "taking pictures with his guitar", or, at least, causing as much flashing back at audience as they were causing the band by all their cameras going off.....like that bit very much for could well see MB doing and enjoying having fun "carrying on" like that !:)   Glad too that he gave you another wonderful memory in recognizing you and acknowledging that you were there.....great !!! :)

Wishing you a fabulous concert for tomorrow and the weather just has to play fair, has to !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

GREAT review Robin!! Loved all the teasing Michael was doing with you :))) It is WONDERFUL when he knows his fans are READY for a great time!!! I am soooo glad no one fell into the "hole" you describe!! Oh my... while rockin' out to Bolton singing and performing things can happen ;) But I suppose that is why they had a railing. I guess you couldn't jump the railing to stage dance BUT I bet you THOUGHT to do that!! ;) lol As a true Bolton fan one checks out ALL the possibilities!! lol Thanks for a wonderfully detailed review! I really enjoyed it :))) Tell him his website gang wishes him a WONDERFUL birthday concert :)))) Enjoy your next show!!! Off to look at your pics!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thanks Kathy R. .Glad you liked the review.. We didn't want MB or the band to fall down into that orch pit!!LOL  We had a railing but they didn't! Yipes!!!!  Was an odd setup that way.

How odd we saw him sing on his birthday back here last year and here we are again a year later. Praying we have no icy roads tomorrow night....thanks.

Hope you like the pictures.

Robin in MD :)

Great review Robin...glad you got some Michael & Me time...after that many shows you deserve it:)! But wait til he sees Kathy across the pond w/Sylvia.....somehow I think  it may put him in shock a bit:)! Oh these reviews...they keep me in stitches....you All never cease to amaze me...and I enjoy hearing all about you adventures in "Boltonland"...Thanks Again!!!

Mary (meg's mom)!

This picture with his guitar is my fav...I know that is when I lost it @ our last show, back a couple of yrs ago:)! So did my Meg. but not as bad as me!!! Love IT!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Mary maybe he will get a few surprises before then for a lot happening before 16th May !!! lol    Remember too he has show tonight on his birthday.....wonder what surprises a few people have got for him there and I bet there will be a few;  know if I was going there sure would be !!! lol

Can I just say on here, talking about Michael's birthday, because quite a few people have started to place birthday greetings to him in various places on the forum decided to start a separate thread so that they could all be kept together and also started it with hope that Gail may be able to send complete thread to Michael for him to see our birthday messages.  Have contacted Gail about this and below is link into thread I have started.

http://michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/thread-on-which-to-wish-micha...

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend.

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, Robin. I was right there with you and I am smiling huge as I write this :)))). MB has such a nice group of band members and so happy for you that you got to talk with Jason. Thanks for telling about the place and setting of the concert too and that sounds like a great place for an MB concert...I like those type settings. I bet it was different having a show at 3:00 in the afternoon but anytime is great when it is MB ;). MB and Kelly have perfected "The Prayer" for certain. I got those chills Iistening to you tell about "Nessun Dorma." Too bad you missed the guitar pick but out of those 136 shows HOW MANY OF THOSE DO YOU HAVE???.....LOL....thanks for telling all the little details and making us a part of your fun, fun concert, girl. Love the photo of our humble MB saying "thank you" and looking forward to the rest of your photos too. Big Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service