Welcome everyone to the 2016 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!!MB has some Canada and USA shows in February and March 2016 and then he heads to the UK in April 2016!!!  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2016 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time again in 2016!! Let the year long concert party begin soon!! 

Views: 32706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Margaret & Carol, good to hear from you girls. Thanks for your review, Margaret. Felt like I was there. Sorry you couldn't get to the stage. Hope those who had M&G were able to go to it. I'm glad he sounded well & though he may have looked a little frail, I'm glad he sounded good. :)

Hi Margaret and  thanks for your review. It’s good to hear the venue was intimate and sounded good. Does anyone know anything about Sam? I was under the impression  Michael was supposed to sing with the “Dream job” winner on this tour. Nice to know Michael had his lively audience. I do hope you’ve had a special moment Margaret, even if you couldn’t go to the stage. Thanks a lot for sharing Margaret, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Thanks for your great review Margaret!! Sorry about all the rain but as I told Sylvia...thank goodness the rain came AFTER the show!! Glad you got to chat with more BB's also!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thanks Carol and Margaret for your reviews and glad you had super time.  It was lovely meeting you again Margaret and thanks for your lovely surprise of birthday gift for me...haven't opened yet but I truly thank you so much for such a kind, kind thought.  I met Joan, Carol, Ozlem and Jodie AND, AND a lurker on here !!! LOL  My seat turned out to be an aisle one and once Gabrielle had finished we started talking and surprise, surprise, my renown goes before me, for when she heard the Scottish accent she began to wonder if I was "the wee Scottish friend".  Cut a long story short we had a super time together and it was lovely to have someone to talk to and share the excitement of the evening with, especially at the M&G.  So come on JULIE, get on here with your review !!!! LOL  Just to let you know Julie and I don't know how it has happened but like Margaret says, I was like a drowned rat by time I got to hotel, jacket saturated, feet squelching because I couldn't see all the puddles and kept walking right into them, taxi hit a puddle just about right over me hit me in the face and had to take glasses off because couldn't see a darn thing out of them for they were dripping...BUT, have a guess what, Joe's box was only a little bit wet and has in fact dried out already.  OMG, I was definitely meant to have that box, definitely !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Don't know what all the complaints about M&G are for obviously that one guy on Twitter didn't listen to what he was told or he possibly had only a VIP ticket not the Magical one and those with just VIP did not get to meet Michael. They got the laminate, gift and a special photo. As I said to him M&G was held upstairs in a mezzanine bar which was lovely and we were all sitting round having either wine or juice and generally talking to each other. One or two were complaining about time Michael was taking but he went and had shower and changed after show which I wouldn't have thought anyone would have grudged the guy doing.  He did actually spend about a hour with us all and for me it was super for you were in his presence all the time.  There was a corner of the bar where you went and met him and spoke to him for guy from SJM had said to have a question ready for Michael and you also got photo taken and it was pretty private although you could watch everyone else meeting him too.  I asked him how he was and he said he was fine and I asked him if maybe too much with all the travelling and performing in Mexico and he said yes because he had felt something for a few days before Mexico.  I then was gobsmacked because I thanked him for a wonderful concert saying no matter what it was fantastic and he actually asked me how the sound had been because as Margaret said he was not happy and it wasn't just the usual hand signals he actually stopped singing at one point and was right over to Milo.  I told him the truth, well, what more do you expect from me and said yes, there were a couple of times music definitely drowned him BUT I also told him he was too pernickety and he said I know, I'm just such a perfectionist and I told him to stop bothering so much and he just laughed.  I promptly forgot completely about birthday and birthday hug. As I was standing back watching the rest going forward I thought, no, I can't just walk away.  I thought opportunity had gone because one of the guys that is always with him as security came through the door and spoke to Milo and he left but said to the guy to stay so I went up to him and asked if he thought Michael would mind if I asked for a birthday hug as it was my birthday in about 15 minutes.  There were a couple of other people still to see him and then suddenly he was getting ushered out the door and I called on him and he said I've got to go, I've got to go and I said please Michael it's just to ask for a birthday hug as it's my birthday in about 10 minutes on 11th and he turned back and came towards me and put his arms right round me and he hugged and said, "wow, happy birthday and have a lovely day!!" and then even as he was walking away he said again "have a LOVELY day!!".  Oh geez man, that man has made my day and made my birthday one of the most special since my mum passed .... I'm in tears folks !!!  He doesn't know what an impact such a selfless and lovely gesture truly has for it has lightened the slight feeling of dread I had at turning 65....I'm not bothered half as much now !!!! LOL

On the actual concert is was tremendous and The Prayer was beautiful and Michael hit every note.  I'm not going to lie and say you didn't know, at times, he felt something and a couple of notes were lost here or there especially in WAMLAW and Georgia but without doubt that guy gave 200% of himself on that stage and as for Sweet Home Chicago, his guitar playing, apart from singing, was OUTSTANDING.  A little bit of a set list, don't all feint ........ Love Is A Wonderful Thing; Sweet Home Chicago; Georgia: Time Love & Tenderness; SILYBIL; The Prayer; You Don't Know Me; That's Life; WAMLAW and he dueted with Sam on Make You Feel My Love and there was another but I've forgotten !!! LOL  Hopefully they will come back !!! lol  Sam did a medley of Michael's songs and she was great.  Her voice also complements Michael's well and I enjoyed hearing both together.  She is different from Kelly in that you could say she is softer but definitely a terrific singer in her own right.

Have to say not one mention of new album or Pledge Music and obviously no new songs but what I can tell you is what Michael was signing in the pic was the actual pics we got as VIP's.  They are in a lovely, high quality, photographic paper frame and it says on front "VIP Up Close" and on back "SJM VIP" and they are 10 x 8's of the black and white pic of him on the movie set and he has signed it. The other item we got apart from the laminate was a lovely leather wallet which has stamped on the front "Michael Bolton Tour 2016 + VIP"

To finish off review here are a couple of pics....

I will create an album !!! LOL

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

So glad all went wonderfully for you Sylvia.  Great photos!!!! What row were you in???  

I am glad you did get a birthday hug and hope now MB is better and well for the rest of the tour.. How many people had the meet greet do you think? Just curious how many he saw in the hour he was there? I hope your photo turned out well.  

Neat that pic was for the meet/greet, maybe they will sell a similar item here when he's back here. I really liked that in the photo he posted.

I can tell too when MB is not happy with the sound. He's asked us after shows at stage doors or backstage how the sound was etc.. He really does want to know how it sounded in the seats. He asked mom and I that in 2011 after our show when we saw him.  I can hear him asking you that.

I am thrilled for you! Now get some sleep, it has to be what about 3:20 a.m. there! LOL I know it's hard to sleep.. Been there myself.

Enjoy the next one and safe travels.. I look forward to the rest of the pics!!!

Robin in MD :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :):):)

Oh! Wow! Sylvia. What an awesome review. Thanks for all the details & awesome about the M&G, girl. Glad you got your birthday hug&conversation. Now. What a neat birthday gift. Can't go wrong there. I'm glad for you & once again, thanks.

Super review Sylvia!! I guess you forgot your umbrella? ;) Thank goodness the rain happened AFTER the concert!! Be careful and stay dry and DON'T get sick!!!! 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Happy Birthday Sylvia, I am soooo glad you got that Big Hug, good on you for being persistant, paid off! LOL! I loved your review, and thanks too, for the pics:)! I had to get on here to hear of your Bolton adventures! Stay Safe & Healthy, you gotta keep up w/Michael:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Sylvia

So pleased you really enjoyed the show, i loved it too, and you got a birthday hug from the man himself WOW.  Can I just ask a quick question at the M&G do you take your own photo or does MB have someone doing that.........

Love Lynne xx

Oh my, Sylvia, you are so cheeky, but it never hurts to ask...and that Michael Moment will stay with you forever. Your photos are terrific, the ring-side seat definitely helped.

The other song he and Sam sung together was HAISTLWY.

Remember, the rain was all your fault, you jinxed it here when you mentioned Bournemouth. My husband laughed his socks off, water was literally dripping from all my extremities - worth it, though, to hear and see Michael again.

Enjoy your birthday. One day we'll have that drink!

Margaret in Kent
Thank you Sylvia for sharing your wonderful birthday present with us
and your review is absolutely magical !!! :). HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYLVIA and indeed it is was a very, very special one for you and so very nice of MB to take the time to give you a birthday hug too :).

Birthday Hug to you from me too, Sylvia

Kathy T. :)

P.S. thank you for the photos....beautiful !! ♡
Thanks to all who attended for your reviews and so glad MB is doing well now too !! :)

Kathy T. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service