2012 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR 2012 MB CONCERT ADVENTURES WITH US HERE!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE, Since the 2011 Tour Review Thread is not playing nice and throwing us all back to the beginning lately, Gail asked if I would go ahead and start the 2012 thread. So here it is.. We can all share our excitement for Michael's upcoming touring and events in 2012 and chat and have fun here till the shows start in 2012.

Everyone is welcome to post and share their stories and pictures, videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2012 starting so far with some shows the end of January.  There could be other events sooner too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert, feel free to share your experience here.  I hope to have a review after the Chester, PA show on January 28th along with some other fans that have gotten tickets for that show and  the Atlantic City, NJ show on January 27th as well!  After that there are shows in Australia so far listed for 2012.  Following those shows we have the Concert for MBC and Traveler's Golf Event in June, 2012 and later on the MBC Gala in Sept.. We already have some exciting events to look forward to next year and I know there will be much more to come.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum.. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as before.

Welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 75307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Sylvia so much for those wonderful pics.

Thanks so much Robin for the tip bit Oh I am so happy for little Ashley oh boy I know what that would have meant to her just beautiful :)

LOL! Gail

Love Dianna xxxxxx

Gail I found them on the Travelers Championship Pro-Am page and they were amongst a set of 59 that they had in their gallery so whether they use media photos or not I don't know for it didn't state who had taken them and good for you asking one to move .....well done !! :)

Thanks for sharing that that kiss was for Ashley and I must admit, I had forgotten Tom and Ashley were going.....so glad you all met up and Robin MD I cannot wait for that FULL review for that "teaser" was pretty terrific and so glad you had such a good time and enjoyed banter with MB as much as you did.....wonderful !! :)    You take your time with that review and PLEASE don't miss out a thing .....shouldn't take you too long to do about 20 pages .....it just sounds so much darn fun that I am sure the whole event could cover much more than that.....looking forward to reading it Robin and thanks again for "teaser"  !! :)))))))

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Update Gail.....surprise, surprise.....I got it wrong again !!! LOL.    Have been searching through pages for results and at same time looking for any new photos and those I found last night and couldn't find them so checked on Hartford Courant and have a guess what.........you were right.......they are press photos and it was even a set of 57 not 59......can't get that right either !! lol.   How I found them was that through the Travelers official pages I was following the story about Geno and that led into the Hartford Courant....that is how I got mixed up and at 1.00 in the morning.....come on, give me some slack .....please ???? LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Can I just say on here that I have, eventually, placed all the links to the videos of the Wright Stuff programme that Michael appeared in when over here in the UK on his promotional tour on 14th March, 2012, in the thread that Gail started called "UK Promo Performances 3/12-19/2012" and it is in this section "Tours, Gigs & Accouncements".      Thought I would mention in case new members have come on since Michael's promotional tour and weren't following that thread and therefore wouldn't receive notification of any new posts added.  Hope all those that go and look at enjoy !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi!  So glad to hear the concert was wonderful!  Of course!  You guys are real troopers being out on that course in this heat.  It's been awful, I know, and I can't imagine being out in it all day.  Glad you had water, shared sunscreen, had an umbrella.  What a way to bond with MB fans!  Ha, fans!  LOL.  (Shame they couldn't set up huge fans all over the course to keep everyone cool!)

How great that Tom and Ashley were able to be there.  And, oh, that kiss!  What a lucky girl you are Ashley!  So very exciting!

Sounds like a good couple of days for Michael, Gail, Robin, Tom, Ashley and all the other folks!  Fun times!!!  Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Diane

Hi everyone.  I got home this afternoon. This may not be my best review. So much happened in two days between the concert and golf and details are blurring in my brain, Bolton fog and all the driving this week combined with the heat at the golf.  Was a fun few days, just now it’s harder to remember details!!! So don't kill me!!LOL

Concert for MB Charities 20th Anniversary at the Bushnell

There was a dine-around before the show that some of us attended which is a variety of local restaurants and businesses set up food stations and have samples of different foods and drinks you can try.. There is all kinds of things from sushi to desserts (I liked the last one best, I don't do sushi!!LOL).There were a few auction items there too for a silent auction to raise money for the MBC. It was interesting walking around and looking at and trying some of the food. I had some pulled pork on a spicy little roll that was very good and some of the desserts were heavenly. One of the gals loves sushi and she was in heaven!! She tried so many different kinds.

Then after that the concert began. Any of the other gals that went please jump in and add anything I’ve left out. I am not sure if I have all the songs MB performed in the correct order and I cannot remember titles of the songs the others performed at the moment.  I told you this wasn’t going to be the best review I’ve written. LOL The show was fantastic at the Bushnell for MB Charities.  It was the 20th year for the charity. It’s always fun to go to CT and see fans/friends I’ve not seen since the last time I’ve been there and seeing the MBC people that work so hard for Michael’s charity.  I was able to say hello to his mom after the show too. She’s a sweet lady.

The show started with Mr. Ben E King, I do remember he had us all clap and did You Are My Sunshine!!LOL, I forgot the titles to some of his other songs he did. Bill Champlin formerly with the band Chicago played piano and sang a few songs. I wish I could remember the titles, they are so familiar.  Next Dave Mason performed some of his hits as well. He does a great job and is fun to watch too. I’ve seen him a few times now.  I hope I remember more of the songs they did. That’s bugging me!!LOL They all did a great job and were fun to watch perform.  It’s always neat to see a Charity event concert as it’s different than a regular tour concert with the other artists performing as well and then all together at the end. Michael performed Soul Provider, Said I Love You But I Lied, Hope It’s Too Late, Sweet Home Chicago, and then I think is when he brought out Kelly Levesque and did duets with her on both How Am I Supposed to Live W/O You and The Prayer. I love Michael’s and Kelly’s voices and how they blend so well together.  You can feel the emotion between them when they are singing. The guys were enjoying watching her too. MB always says as she walks off after performing “I love my job!”. LOL   He had Michael Lington do his newest single off of the album Pure, titled Road Trip which his always fun too-He really gave a great performance.  I forgot where he put that in and MB took a break. Maybe after the duets with Kelly. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Michael also then sang Pride (In The Name of Love) which really rocked the house once again! That song is so much fun. I think it was after that song he asked all the other artists to come back out on stage and did a very long and rocking version of Rock Me Baby..It was funny because Bill Champlin was playing piano and Brian was up on the stage with Kelly singing back up and doing some moves with her!!! LOL Cute!!!

They really rocked out and MB was doing a lot of guitar riffs and solos and that works for me. I am a big fan of him playing the guitar!!  That one is always a fun song to end the concert with.  If I forgot a song or two MB did please someone jump in and post. I feel like I’m missing one somewhere.  Also please feel free to post and fill in the song titles from the other artists. (I am brain fried from the sun at the golf and all the driving today!!LOL).

After Soul Provider MB thanked his team  for working so hard for MBC.  He talked about it being the 20th year and how fast the time went. Throughout the show MB was saying hello to people here and there in the audience and laughing at comments people were yelling to him.  He was in a very good mood!! LOL

I have some pictures that came out ok and will post them in a few days. I will make two albums, one for the concert and a second for the golf.  I have some of him rocking out on the guitar in front of me. LOL

Michael seemed so full of energy and being home with his family and friends there to support him has to be so much fun for him with all the traveling he does.  I am grateful I had a chance to be there again this year to witness it on stage.

Some of the girls purchased the tickets that included a meet and greet with all the celebrities there and MB and they said that was a lot of fun. I’m glad they were able to attend and enjoyed so much hearing about it from them afterwards. That’s a lot of the fun, sharing the good stuff!!!!

I apologize this isn’t the best review I’ve written but I tell you I had a great time once again. Michael never disappoints!Thank you Michael and the MBC and the fans I spent time with!!

P.S. I met Tom and Ashley at the concert and also Diane C. from this site and her husband. It was nice to finally meet you all. Ashley is just a doll and enjoyed every moment.

Robin back in MD :)

Robin, sounds good.  Ben E. King also sang Stand By Me which is the song he is known for.  Bill Champlin sang a couple songs...the one I remember was one he sang with Peter Ceteria but can't remember the name either!!  Michael and Kelly also sang the song that Bob Dylan wrote and Adele also sang:  Make You Feel My Love.

I was one who had the meet and greet tickets and it was fun seeing everyone and being able to walk around and talk to the band, Michael's mom and all the performers.  The performers stood in a line and then we got in a line and filed passed each one speaking to each person as we did.  I had fun talking to Dave Mason and Bill Champlin.  Dave is always fun and I think Bill was amazed at Michael.  While talking to him he said he had never heard Michael sing and he was standing backstage listening to his show and he said he was just so amazed at Michael's voice and the variety of what he could sing...he just thought the guitar playing was out of this world.  I told him if he thought that all was amazing he should hear him sing Nessun Dorma...he said you are kidding and Dave Mason and I at the same time said nope..not kidding. Michael heard that because he was standing next to Bill and he just smiled!  I didn't have time to ask any of the questions I know you all wanted to hear: CD, Book, etc but he is working hard on both. 

The golf was a lot of fun and he acknowledged all of us and spoke to us a number of times during the day.  I was standing next to some young fellows who were there to see Booker T and asked me who the man was in the white shirt. I told them Michael Bolton and they weren't sure who that was until all of a sudden one of them looked at the other and said SNL and Jack Sparrow....he is Jack Sparrow and they both got excited!  Later on Michael took a picture with three other young fellows for the same reason...it was really sort of funny.  The heat got to me after the 9th and I had to leave but was a lot of fun.

At one time Michael hit is ball into the sand trap and it was close enough for me to take a picture and say...this will look good on facebook...he gave me a dirty look and then laughed and said wait til I get it in!    It was good seeing all the fans who made it and hopefully will see you again soon!

I'll get some of my pictures in the gallery over the weekend I hope. Gail

Hi Gail, thanks for your review. Loved it & awesome you had the meeet & greeet to meet Michael & others. I remember meeting Dave Mason but would have love to have met Ben E. King. I could have spoken to him about numerous songs he sang. Awesome & thanks girl. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hey Gail, heehee sounds good to me too: sounds like you had a ball girl, no pun intended! Lol I thought Mr King would sing “Stand by me”. Hmm, sounds like Bill Champlin needs to get out more... :D I’m just happy that he is now more aware of how awesome our Michael is... Gail, I’ll tell you, I have a feeling the next CD is gonna be a whopper: too much secrecy...   OMG Gail I’ll bet the look on those young men’s faces were worth a million bucks! “Jack Sparrow” has been quite a landmark in Michael’s career and that never ceases to amaze me... Well thanks a lot for the fun review sweetie, much appreciated different point of view. :D Take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Gail so much for your review!! Sounds like another wonderful show put on by Michael. The meet and greet sounds very interesting and how fun that the entire band was there!!! That seems a bit different :))) And with Miss Helen attending....that is very special..bless her!!! It is sooo nice to hear all sorts of fans learning about Michael...the youngsters with SNL knowledge...and even Bill Champlin not knowing about Michael's arias!!! That is really wonderful. Sounds like Michael was his sweet and caring self during the concert and during the golf game. Get some rest and can't wait for your photos :)))

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Thanks Gail for that great review...it was Great, I hear ya on the Heat...I hate it, so I can't blame you for finding air conditioning!

I'll check back for photo's of yours & Robin's this weekend!  You have the best job:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Robin and Gail,

Thank you so much for the great reviews, I enjoyed reading them!!  I will check back this weekend for the photos ;-)

Both of you get some rest, take care!

Nicolette xx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service