NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 45994

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Silvia PS that is so sweet of you to say. I only wish that she could do for herself as I do not know what she will do after I am unable. Thanks again. Dad

Hey Tom let the future take care of itself for it is the present, the here and now, that is important and for you to saviour every moment and make your life and Ashley's as beautiful as you can to give you both absolutely wonderful memories to cherish forever.......try not to worry what the future holds because really what is the point in worrying about something that hasn't, and may never, happen .....live for the moment and treasure each and every one because they are all so very special !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I agree witih Sylvia-Tom enjoy these fun times with Ashley..she's going to treasure them forever, you too!!!!!  Not many dad's would do what you do for her...Enjoy it all!!!!! We enjoy hearing from you..

Robin in MD :)

You're right Sylvia but I can understand Tom, your concern. God bless you&everyone out here. Today is a gift, a present. I agree with you in everything you say Sylvia. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Hi Tom..I am once again catching up here. I understand your concerns as a parent regarding Ashley's care and I am sure  all will work out. Please try not to worry too much about the future because you need that energy today for Ashley. Sometimes handing over one's worries for another time can allow other opportunities to appear. As I always say.....you never know. None of us know the future so try your best today and hope for better tomorrow. You have done a super job for Ashley and that will continue and no good deed goes unnoticed :) My mom always said....you just have to have some faith and what will be will be. It took me a while to understand those words but they haven't failed me yet! 

Take care my friend and know lots of others are thinking about you and sending lots of good thoughts your way!!! 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Everybody

Just done some catching up on this thread boy it grows fast LOL!

Tom thanks so much for writing Ashley's review how exciting it would have been to get Kenny G autograph as well.Sounds like you both had a wonderful concert

Kathy what can I say about your review you blew it out of the ballpark I felt I was there!Loved reading every bit of it so THANK YOU

Gail so pleased you are all Ok after Irene

Mer I am so pleased to read your review and a young fan is born how wonderful LOL "A Bolton awakening" I love that :)

Robin R I think I would be crying too hearing "Make me feel your Love' it is my seconf Fav on this album it is just beautiful.Sounds like a wonderful concert thanks for sharing with us here :)

Tom isn't Michael the best sendind her some kisses he truly has a heart of gold

Thanks Gail for the "Jack Sparrow" interview I enjoyed reading that one

Thanks Glorioa for the link to the Emmy page

Tom How beautiful someone gave up their seat and how wonderful it would have felt for Michael to mention Ashley as well that would have blown you away I am sure

Gail

LOL "Jack Sparrow " for a ring tone Good on you Loved your story Thankyou

IF i have missed anything or anyone Thankyou

I have been very busy in Life itself and try to get on here when I can

Thanks again everybody

Love Dianna xxx

Yes, Sylvia, I did go to the Bob Hope golf events with my friend in 2006-7-8. He didn't go in 2009 as he was on tour&if you miss a year's event there in palm Springs, you don't go back. As far as seeing Michael at the golf reception in 2009, yes, Robin, you are correct. Thanks to a dear friend taking me up there. I just feel shy mentioning events I see MB extremely brief but treasure. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

After a couple of forum free days here is my review friends and fans!! Enjoy :)  Unfortunately we have brush fires burning out of control and Bob and his engine company are on standby waiting to be moved in :/ Crossing my fingers here :/                                                                                                                                                                         

Michael Bolton Concert   San Bernardino  Calif.  Sept 1 2011

aka...     "The Biographical Concert"

The weather is much cooler than our last concert in Vegas and the venue is a beautifully restored movie theatre. We arrived earlier in the day and made our parking lot cruise for any evidence of the Bolton Band and company :) Everyone had arrived and I am sure all are ready for ANOTHER great night!!!! We had second row center seats which were great but I had to plan ahead for my stage excursion...lol Our seats were 3 from the aisle so I wouldn't need to trample too many people...lol In fact Tiffany's (back up singer) mom and step dad were in front of us and some friends/family of the drummer (sorry..name memory loss here!) were a couple of seats to their right and more band family/friends at the opposite end of the row. It seemed like a family affair for sure! The California Twins...Constance and Carol check in with us and we secure our stage routine once again.....we are ready!!! lol 

The lights dim and Go the Distance music fills the air. Here we go!!!! Michael appears and the audience explodes in applause and I stand to cheer him on for a great concert. Here are a few of the songs Michael sang....you know my great memory for a setlist...Said I Loved You But I Lied, Hope It's Too Late, Time Love and Tenderness, Love Is Everything, My Life, Nessun Dorma, Sweet Home Chicago, and more and then closed with Pride!!! The cameras start flashing....UNTIL....those cockroaches masquerading as security start their march!!!! We hear NO FLASHES over and over...ugh. I finally tire of them leering at me so I turn my flash off thinking I am appeasing them. NO....they resurface again!! Read on for their return. No appearance by the beautiful Delta this time. I can't wait to see her and Michael back together again in Ojai :) I really missed hearing them sing the songs from GEMS!!! Michael was in a very talkative mood during this concert :) I got the feeling he was enjoying the short breaks in his singing!! In fact Michael spotted a fan in the front row with a "vintage" album cover sitting in her lap....you know the one ...where Michael's hair looks like a lion mane!! I had to go through my "Bolton boxes" to refresh my memory as to the title. Of course I recognized it .....but remember the name? ha!!! It is the album "Michael Bolton"  with him wearing his black leather jacket. You all know the one!!! lol Michael then ASKS the fan to bring the album to him at the stage!!! Oh my....she is beside herself!!! Michael starts his jokes about how that album was from 10 years ago AND goes on to describe his entire leather outfit!!!! OMG...it was beyond funny!! Michael was so circumspect and you felt like you were walking down memory lane right beside him!!! After the fan's shock had subsided it finally dawned on her.....SIGN IT...she yells out!!! LOL The crowd went crazy!!! Applause filled the theatre and Michael said....well I don't usually do this during a concert....then the applause got even louder...and of course Michael signed the album!! She was a true fan because she had the pen for signing already attached to the album cover!!! AND of course this fan is USING her flash for lots of photos!! You go girl!!! Cockroaches be damned!!! Good Bolton fan that she is and if you are out there reading this somewhere PLEASE let me know who you are!!! We would all love to hear personally from you HOW you FELT!!!! It was a true delight to watch Michael mentally go back in time with the gentle nod of his head and the the clenching of his jaw and the all knowing smile with his eyes squinting as he looked at and surveyed the cover. Simple pleasure for sure!!! Then some more great singing from "our" guy and some more bantering!!! We were all definitely a loud crowd and Michael was enjoying it. So of course I couldn't be quiet!!! I yelled out..."how about some Jack Sparrow?" Michael looked at me and laughed and said....."oh yeah..that little video with what?...1 million hits?" And I laughed back and said "we are all working hard for 50 million!!". He smiled and said "thanks". All we needed was a cup of coffee to talk over!!! It was all a lot of fun!!! The music presumed once again. Ok...the time has come...WAMLAW...lol I stand as everyone is looking for Michael who was only about 5 or 6 rows back on the side aisle. He didn't go deep into the crowd for some reason this time. I lock eyes with the Twins and our move to the stage is imminent! The ladies next to me asked if I was feeling ok because they sensed I was about to bolt!!!! Little did they know I WAS going to BOLT..to BOLTON!!!! lol I gently said I need to get by you so I can give Michael this hat. I know....how many can he have?? He will get as many LAFD gifts as concerts I attend!!! No bother to me where they end up...lol So....there I am...all alone at the stage as Michael gets back to the stage. He is busy "working" at singing and he walks to the center of the stage and as he takes his mark he sees me and laughs and then starts walking over to me. I give him the LAFD hat and he smiles that smile and shakes my hand. How he does all this without missing a note is beyond me?!!! I make sure I take his hand briefly as to not be a major disruption!!! Right ;) LOL He is sooooo sweet!!! A millisecond after that the Twins swoop in and land at the stage like lightening!!! I told them ...dang you two are fast!!! We start rocking out to TLAT and I encourage the crowd to join us...I wave them up!! The brave ones approach and then we finally have a large crowd :) I guess the cockroaches thought that was tantamount to a riot and in they march AGAIN!!! Return to your seats we hear OVER and OVER. I just play ignorant....they DON'T exist!!! lol That lasts a little while. Mind you....the dancing crowd is now three rows deep and those stinkin' insect security patrol will NOT stop harassing all of us until NO ONE is having fun. Michael is trying to sing and sort of held out his arms...as if saying...WTH???? Why are we CONSTANTLY reinventing the wheel in regards to our stage presence???? It seems something could be done BEFORE the concert about the first few rows being allowed to the stage.....PLEASE!!!! Oh brother......now the cockroaches are saying if we don't return to our seats we will be removed!!! I look at the Twins and them at me....and in unison we say...Go right ahead and good luck!! We are the LAST 3 remnants of FUN at the stage at Michael's concert as we all SLOWLY return to our seats. This last disruption of our fun is during Pride. We all held on as long as we could because WE knew the end was almost near!!! We dragged it all to the last minute. True Bolton fans to the END!!! lol Well let's see if there is anymore harassment I can consume in one night. Bob and I head off to the back of the venue in hopes that Michael will want to "play" after the concert and maybe sign something?? About 15 fans were waiting and a few had to eventually leave. Alas.....I got word that Michael was not going to be "playing" on this night!!! Dang :/  Well......ALWAYS another moment in time :) Chatted a bit with Cameron and Tiffany :) Off to Ojai and whatever adventure awaits me there!!! I enjoy ALL my Bolton moments!!! I would like to take this moment to write a brief "thank you" note to Michael at this time....... so please indulge me here :)                       

Dear Michael,  

I would to like to thank you for all the pleasure you have given me through ALL your songs and

concerts from Walk Away to Soul of My Soul to When I am Back on My Feet Again and all the

songs in between and since that have accompanied me through my life's milestones. In addition,

I would like to thank you for the untold kindness and generosity you have bestowed upon two great

fans...Ashley Hayes and her father Tom. You have provided endless happiness and etched memories

into their hearts and souls for them to share for a lifetime! It warms my heart to witness your                                                                         thoughtfulness.

So a very humble and simple "Thank You" to you Michael !!

fondly and fans forever...

Kathy and LAFD Bob Rosario

and Ashley and Tom Hayes 

btw....fire has become a 4 alarm fire and now we have another fire...3 in all...looks like a fire bug on the run!!! :/

Wow Kathy....really enjoyed reading about your Bolton adventure from the other night!!!!  Glad you had a memorable evening as always!!!  And I really think it's nice of you to write a Thank You note to Michael!!!   There is nothing wrong for thanking him for his great performances and for his kindness to Tom and Ashley!!!  Hope one day.... I can say I had a great time too at one of his shows!!!   Hope you guys have a wonderful time at Ojai, and looking forward to those stories as well!!!   :)

Helena...xx...

Love your review, Kathy. Felt like I was there. Awesome Constance&Carol were there. Love it when you said' Cock Roaches be damned. Just the way you said it. Thanks for your review&loved the thank you that you sent to MB. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA&have fun Saturday&you know what we want, reviews. :)))) Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hey Kathy, thank you again for your terrific review! I’m glad to hear Michael put back HITL in the setlist and he sang at least 2 songs from “Gems”. Heehee, so security are cockroaches now? Lol Oh wow, I do hope the lady who had her CD signed chimes in here, how special for her! Good for you making a plee for “Jack Sparrow” girl! :D  It sounds to me as if the cockroaches are very restless on the West coast… It’s really too bad Michael doesn’t make his announcement any more… Dear Kathy, that was a sweet and heartfelt note to Michael, I do hope he reads it, I’m sure it’ll mean a lot to him! Thank you for your review and the smiles again, I wish you a great time in Ojai and wish you get to talk to him personally that time. Our thoughts and prayers are with  Bob and his crew. Take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Kathy,

Let me chime in here too, to tell you how much I enjoyed your review, it was well said: And as for the letter, don't you worry he will someday see it:)!

How could he Not check in here, for the Entertainment of his personal Soap Opera! And all of us here are his cast & crew! It was just like being there

the way you described it! Thanks I needed that:)!

Have a Great time on that Cloud:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service