NEW 2011 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR REVIEWS WITH US HERE!!!!

Here we go with the New 2011 Concert Tour Review Thread. Michael's tour begins again in the USA in Florida on January 13, 2011!!!!!!!!  I hope Michael is well rested and ready to get back out on the road!

Please share your concert experiences, pictures, video links etc. with us here. We love hearing about the concerts and the great times had by the fans.

You all have made these threads fun in the past and I look forward to more adventures and fun this year!!

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews once again and also contributing some of my own in 2011!

Have fun everyone!! Not much longer till Michael and the band hit the road again!

Robin in Maryland,  USA

Views: 43901

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey To All of you lucky girls who got to see our Michael this weekend:)! Great reviews! I hope when he does do his "Gems" tour, he comes back to Ky:)!

I will be there with bells & whistles! And My Meggy will be right there with me!

I really loved seeing him this morning (who needs coffee, when you've got MB)!  Gotta admit I thought I missed it:)! LOL!

Joy, I'm so sorry you didn't get to give him your gift! You should have thrown it up on the Stage, it would have been better than a Thong:)! LOL!!!

There is always another concert, just hold on to it!!!

Have a Great Time up on Cloud Michael!

Mary (M&M's)!

Mary,

Yes, I could have done that, but no one was going up to the stage at all with flowers or anything.  There was 3 or 4 security people sitting right in front of the stage.  I just kept waiting for him to sing one of his songs solo and come up to the front of the stage but it just never happened.  And before you know it they took bows and it was over. No encore or anything. 

Joy

Joy, You will see him again, and he will Love It as much then, when you see him next!  Today has been a Wonderful Day, I got my Gems

and now it defitely is: BACK TO THE GOOD PART:)! I Love It!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

First I want to show you all the gift I had made for Michael. I was going to bring flowers, as I knew he would take them and maybe hold my hand for a second or two. But I was trying to think of a gift he would keep and maybe even use. I also had an 8X10 photo I bought on eBay with a silver sharpie just in case we might catch him after the show. But my hopes for that were slim. So this was my gift-

Well I took a picture of the actual hat, but Miss Icon Queen of the Copy/Paste World is having a problem getting it to post here! :(

So here is the best I can do to describe it to you. (A black cotton baseball cap, with a white skull & crossbones icon on the front, and on the back in red, embroidered-NOW BACK TO THE GOOD PART!

Pirate Captain Calico Jack Ra Baseball Hat

And I had embroidered on the back in red thread-
NOW BACK TO THE GOOD PART

That is SUPER Joy and YOU will definitely have an opportunity to deliver it sometime in the future!!! Don't let go of that dream and all that energy will make it happen!!! The question is...how bad do you want to deliver it???...only YOU can answer that!!! Make it happen girl :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

The hat is so cool Joy.....I'm sure you will have a chance to give it to him in the future!!!  :)

Helena..xx..

Yeah, BB'S, where there's life, there's hope!!!! :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Joy

What a shame you never got to give this to Michael.

I'm sure he would have loved it another clever gift :)

Love Dianna xxx

I'm way behind--300&some message of June 21st through now but Joy, awesome about the baseball cap you designed, I take it. Sorry you were unable to give it to Michael but perhaps next time. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Beacon Theatre NYC 6/19/2011
I met up with Gloria, who lives in NYC, so from Penn Station she led me around the city. Again I thank you Gloria! I'd still be there wandering around lost on the subway........We met Eileen and Juliet at the theatre and went to get dinner before the show. Holly Marple showed up and also ate with us. Kerie came in quickly to say hi and she'd meet us outside after we ate. We saw Nelson (Bass player) walk by the window outside! It's really fun to meet each other in person, we all are friends online but it's not the same. We all went back to the theatre and had a group picture taken under the marquee. Decided to walk around to see if Nelson or anyone else was back by the bus and truck behind the theatre. No one around, oh well. Went back to the entrance since it was 7pm and we could now get in. OK, getting our tickets scanned.....mine and Gloria's didn't scan, they told us we had to go to the box office. Now what could possibly be wrong? Well, they said they were waiting for us to check in, our 2 seats (Eileen's was OK) had to be removed so Kenny G could have access to stage stairs better. I said "Don't tell me this, I ordered these months ago and I have 2nd row seats!!" The guy said "Well, OK you can be mad if you want. But we are moving you up to 1st row almost center" Woo hoo!! The night was getting better and better!
I looked around from my front row seat and it looked crowded but not sold out. In fact a couple behind us said they got their seats an hour before the show. Kenny G was first and was on for about an hour. He was great, I am not a huge fan of his but seeing him live changed my mind, the man is talented. He is also quite funny. He mentioned how beautiful the Beacon is, and the acoustics are the best. It is a real treat to perform there. He was right, it sounded perfect, crystal clear.
Michael came out and sang Love is Everything first, it was great!! He looked gorgeous as usual and sounded better than ever. He introduced Orianthi and I was shocked! Wow, what a treat. My 25 year old daughter will be jealous and wish that she went with me this time! Ori was just amazing. Soon Delta Goodrum came on playing piano and they sang I'm Not Ready. Just beautiful, she has such a clear and unique voice, so pretty and very tall! Next they did The Prayer-at the end when they hit the high notes together-I just got a chill all over and goose bumps! (That also happens at the end of Nessun Dorma!)
*****************************************************************************************************************************
Here is the set list as best I can remember:
(On my 90 minute train ride home, I sat and made notes, while my memory was fresh)

Love Is Everything (Opening Song)
To Love Somebody
Said I Loved You But I Lied
When A Man Loves A Woman
Nessun Dorma
Another Opera song-not sure of the name

Did these with Delta Goodrem:
I'm Not Ready
The Prayer

Did these with Orianthi playing:
Summertime (I think they played this, not sure)
Sweet Home Chicago
Steel Bars
Pride (In The Name of Love-U-2 song)

Michael Lington
Did a solo of his song You and I

*****************************************************************************************************************************
It seemed like it was over so soon, but that's because of the time being split with Kenny G. I was surprised they didn't do a duet. After they took their bows, the house lights came on. No one stayed and kept clapping for an encore. I didn't believe he didn't do an encore, the perfect one would have been "New York, New York"!!
I missed so much hearing Soul Provider, How Can We Be Lovers, How am I Supposed to Live Without You, the usual ones we all love. But hey, I can't complain because of the seeing Orianthi and Goodrem was great and we got FIVE new songs from GEMS!
But personally, I was hoping to have my gift taken at the stage and maybe a hand shake. Wow, maybe he'd even put the hat on for a minute. So I was just disappointed. Still hoping we could see him at the stage door when he left, we rushed out and around the building..................

Hi Joy and thank you so much for your detailed  review! Cute idea about the baseball cap and I’m sorry you didn’t get to give it to him but as Sylvia said, there’s always next time! Thanks for the description by the way. J I’m glad you got to enjoy Kenny G live. Joy, sweetie, yes your concert was shorter but it sounds oh so special and unique! I hope someone would be able to identify what was the other aria Michael sang… I can understand your disappointment  but do hope that in retrospect, you’ll be able to realize how fortunate you were to experience this special setlist. Plus, I think it might make you even more determined and you’ll get your own moment next time! Take care Joy. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks for the great review Joy!!! How fun to get so many songs from GEMS!!!!  Sorry you didn't get to make the special delivery :) As Sylvie said....NEXT time for sure!!!!! 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service