We may start getting a few promotional appearances for GEMS now.  The first will be June 8th on the Loveline with Dr. Drew from 10 p.m. to midnight.  You can find a station here:

http://www.lovelineshow.com/stationfinder

Also it looks like you can listen live or on the website either after but you have to be a loveline member. 

http://www.lovelineshow.com/membership

Views: 6795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Robin from Ca, the second song on “Gems” is “Fields of gold”. I think the one you can’t pronounce is “Sajna”, it’s spelled S, A, J, N, A. A lot of people have said how much they loved it. I have to admit that when I listen to the samples, it’s the one that sticks in my head the most, but I haven’t heard all the songs in their entirety so I’ll get back to you on my favorites then. I’m really glad to hear Bari loves the CD! Wow, that’s saying something if she says she loves it as much as “My secret passion”! Funny how deep down, twins can still be so different… thanks for sharing Robin, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey girls, I'm sooo sorry you all don't have your "GEMS" yet:(   It is well worth the wait!  Every song on it  are Beautiful!  So I guess your sick of hearing us all brag about ours:)!  I can't help it, it is a true Gem....My favorite song is: I'm Not Ready.....2nd is: LOve Is Everything....Fields of Gold (Awesome).....Steel Bars (ORIANTHI)

plays a mean guitar!!! The Prayer....it is so Beautiful.....What can I say the whole CD is Beautiful!!!  Michael just knows how to pick them! I would have loved to see one of those shows this past weekend....Lucky girls:)!

Have a GReat Day All of You!!!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hey Mary, as Dianna said, good things come to those who wait so I guess it’ll be really really really worth it! :D Well, no one is forcing us to read you guys’ posts, but of course, we understand how you can’t help talking about it and it’ll be our turn soon sweetie. About the East Coast shows, I hear Pilar will have some videos, hopefully by the weekend or early next week so we can have at least a sample of what it was like. Have a great weekend Mary, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Folks, I'm Not Ready is on Music Choice. Wow!

Hey Robin R.

Isn't that a Beautiful song? I love it, and the raw emotions that are in it.....It makes me cry, sometimes because of how Beautiful the 2 of them sing it together...Magical!

mary (meg's mom)!

Don't mind the post at all about the cd arrivals!! It is fun reading everyones enjoyment :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Nope Mary not at all we love reading all about the new CD "Gems" and I will be just as excited when I get mine

And I have to say Sajna is the one that hasn't grabbed me YET but I haven't heard all of it yet

But I know "Fields of Gold" and "Love is everything" is going to be my first favorites off this CD

Love Dianna xxx

Great interview:

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=654081

Michael Bolton
© AP
Michael Bolton
Boosted by viral spoof, Michael Bolton gets the last laugh

By Melinda Newman
Special to MSN Music

On "Gems: The Duets Collection," Michael Bolton takes a number of songs first made famous by others and, with the help of some very well-known friends, makes them his own.

Find: Michael Bolton video, photos and more

Rascal Flatts, Seal, A.R. Rahman, Chris Botti and the late Eva Cassidy are among the "guests," as Bolton calls them, who join the superstar on his 21st studio album.

While other artists may hesitate to tackle such renowned tunes as U2's "Pride (In the Name of Love)," Sting's "Fields of Gold" or Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love," Bolton had no such qualms. "You not only have the right to interpret a song that's been written [by someone else] and you're about to record," he says, "you have an obligation to bring your interpretation to that microphone."

Bolton, who has sold more than 53 million albums and singles, plays more than 100 shows a year around the globe. He also spends a great deal of his time on humanitarian causes, including the Michael Bolton Charities, which advocates for at-risk women and children. One of his proudest moments is helping get the Violence Against Women Act passed in Congress.

MSN Music: This album is a Michael Bolton smorgasbord that highlights every one of your artistic styles.

Michael Bolton: [Laughs] I haven't heard that term yet, but I liked it immediately. Every chapter of this project kept revealing another surprise feast. ... It's been a feast musically because, vocally, I can get operatic with "The Prayer" and use some of that training I got in order to sing with Pavarotti and Domingo and Renée Fleming and [Jose] Carreras and step into this other world that was so intimidating at first and then so rewarding.

There's that side, but there are love songs, rockers and elegant ballads like "Fields of Gold" with the late Eva Cassidy.

We've described it as reverential treatment to this record. I found basically all I was trying to do was serve her vocal performance the entire song. Normally, my job is to serve the composition and what the composer's intention is. Here, it's Sting's amazing composition, but now I'm tiptoeing around this vocal performance that is pure and so beautiful.

Part of what the emotional experience was also -- you can't tell the person who you're admiring how much you love their vocal and you can't ask them which part they want to sing. There's no collaboration there other than your own sense of what your responsibility is. I got choked up on a couple of lines. We basically kept the first take because emotionally there was too much going on and it's not the way I would approach making a record except under these extraordinary circumstances.

The first single is "I'm Not Ready" with Delta Goodrem. She wrote it about ending her relationship with Brian McFadden. What about the song resonated with you when you first heard it?

I've written all kinds of songs about relationships, and I've written a bit about what I consider my serious life relationships, but this is one that I had never been able to express for whatever reasons. When Delta came to the studio and she started singing it, I realized first of all, I was blown away by her own performance; two, her performance was connected to her own personal life; and three, it just dialed right into the center of something that I knew very well in my own personal life that I never got to fully express.

Is there a difference between duetting with a woman versus a man?

Yes, it's a different dynamic and a different personal experience depending upon who you are and what your orientation is as an artist. ... It's always great to have a great male singer somewhere nearby, whether it's before you or after you or somewhere during a show. It's always great to have you be kept on your toes because it makes you work just a little bit more.

You're missing a very popular collaboration here: your pairing with The Lonely Island on "Jack Sparrow."

[Laughs] It's still one of the most traumatic experiences I've ever had: getting the first glimpse of what I look like in the camera lens when they moved in for my close-up [as Erin Brockovich]. The "Saturday Night Live" crew is pretty amazing; they'll turn you into anything and anybody you want. They were giggling and just getting such a big kick out of it, and then one crew member walked near me and I'll never forget the look of terror on his face. Horror. It was the first character out of all of them. Every single time we cut the action at the end of a take, everyone in the crew would just break out in hysterics.

You're a very handsome woman.

You know what? Someone said that to me on the set. Whatever ... I now have guys between the ages of 13 and 40 wanting to high-five me at the airport.

Has that been the best response?

I've been told by people who worked on the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" [movie] that they just love the video and have been showing it to people over and over again. The fact that people who are either religiously Lonely Island fans or just basically YouTube fanatics who were looking for something funny, that they are discovering me through Captain Jack Sparrow, is hysterical to me. We're at 22 million and 236,000 views. Not that I'm counting.

You've been very funny when I interviewed you through the years, yet that did not always come across. It seems like "Jack Sparrow" has let people see a sense of humor that hadn't been that apparent.

I'm glad you said that, because you know I'm fairly irreverent. I've always been that way. For people to suddenly go, "Oh, I didn't know he had that sense of humor?" I'm like, what about the 15 times I'm on Jay Leno with skits and every single thing we did to make those interviews flow and be funny? It doesn't matter how many times you appear before between 3-6 million people at a time, if people see one thing where they think you take yourself too seriously or you're really intense or whatever, I guess that's their perspective.

Bruce Springsteen said that everything to him now is a victory lap, since he doesn't have anything left to prove. Is it the same with you?

I love it. [Bruce] looks like he's having fun every second he's breathing onstage. ... To have that attitude of the victory lap, I'm probably not quite there. I'm probably more like I still feel like I need the motivation of the next level in order for me to push myself. It's not just the amount of shows — we did 110 shows last year. That was a lot. At the same time, I was grateful when my agent calls me and says, "Do you want to stay out longer in August because I just got two more weeks offered to you in Europe?" or "While you're in Asia, we could go to" and then he names five or six cities and I can decide at that point. I'm very, very grateful for that. I'm not sure if I'm at the point where I can say it's a victory lap as much as I can say it's a gratitude lap [laughs].

This is a good interview Gail..Thanks for posting it!!

Robin in MD :)

Gail,
Great interview, thanks so much for posting this article. So much insight into GEMS.
"Fields of Gold"-----How MB got choked up a few times, but they kept that original track.
"I'm Not Ready"----The song means a lot to MB as he has gone through relationships similar and has never been able to write a song about that type of situation.
Love the fact that mostly due to the Jack Sparrow video, people realize he is a funny guy. He doesn't take himself so serious and is not full of himself. He still does not take his fame for granted, he is grateful for what he is doing. And I am so glad for him, he is doing what he wants to do, and what he was born to do. We all know what a wonderful man he is, but the rest of the world hopefully now will realize it. It's about time the younger generation also see's him in a better light, maybe our kids won't make such fun of us when we play his music constantly or go see him!
Joy
from the Jersey Shore
Joy, I love what you said. You're right. I've been ribbed by people oh! so! much! about MB in a negative&I tell them, your loss, my gain. He's not perfect by no stretch of the word but is anyone? No. Wow! Loved it&he's even touched a little rap with jack Sparrow. Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hi Joy, thanks for sharing sweetie, I quite enjoyed your comment. I can tell how special “Fields of gold” is but I can’t wait to hear it for myself. I commented on another thread how “I’m not ready” to me was like a 2-way “Walk away”, but I feel that the sadness in INR is so much more raw and “in your face” tangible, it’s easy to see why Michael connected with it. It’s so good to hear about the teens approving of him finally. Sometimes I just read YouTube comments about “Jack Sparrow” and I get teary-eyed from the overwhelming approbation and those who don’t approved get scolded! :D I fully agree with you Joy that it’s about time! Thanks again for sharing sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada  à

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service